Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time at the track with my KB Cobra could not get pass the 1/8 mile with out the mimi fuse blowing. I could not get the F1 to hook for nothing. I know of some guys here claim decent times with stock F1 and KB but not me. Anyways what could be wrong with the BAP blowing the fuse. Made two runs and same thing happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Where do you have your BAP set up at? I would bet it is set to high,try lowering it to around 20 or less that should help.I saw this happen to a friend of mine his BAP was set near max and he blew a fuse,he then lowered his BAP to 20 and everything was fine after that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HIGH ROLLER said:
Where do you have your BAP set up at? I would bet it is set to high,try lowering it to around 20 or less that should help.I saw this happen to a friend of mine his BAP was set near max and he blew a fuse,he then lowered his BAP to 20 and everything was fine after that.
Yes a have the BAP set at 45* as for KB instructions when running 19psi pulley, if I set it too low wont it be too lean for the amount of boost my car is running.

·
Registered
246 Posts
My friend was making around 21 pounds of boost with his K.B that night and his was set at 50 and he blew a fuse,he lowered it to 20 and the car ran fine and as far as running lean i believe he had it dynoed and the air-fuel was still in the 11's i believe.If your worried about it just lower it maybe to 30-35 and see if the fuse still blows,the way it is now is doing you no good so you will have to lower it to keep the fuse from blowing.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would give Kenne Bell a Call. I have ran mine in testing and the Track at MAX for several minutes and have never had a problem.

Is your BAP wired directly or thru the 3psi Boost switch ?

Possibly the 3 psi switch is bad if you use one. It could be allowing the amperage to spike for some reason...

Wish I could be more help !

JL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but how did you know you blew the fuse?

Grover

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grover03 said:
Probably a dumb question, but how did you know you blew the fuse?

Grover
Well the car stall on the track. I believe the fuse has something to do with the fuel pump not working. There was no noise coming from the pump. Also the fuse was blown it was easy visible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gotcha, thanks

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Check for shorted wires with a multimeter. Wiggle and test all connections. If there are no shorts in your wiring, increase the fuse size by 5-10 amps. Let us know if it blows again...

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Silly question but sometimes the simplest things are overlooked. The kit comes with a fuse 10 amps(if I remember correct) larger that the stock one, did you replace your stock one with it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shadowgray03 said:
Silly question but sometimes the simplest things are overlooked. The kit comes with a fuse 10 amps(if I remember correct) larger that the stock one, did you replace your stock one with it?
The KB kit comes with mini 30 amps fuse to replace the 20 amps on space 14 from the fuse box in engine compartment. I had the car made about 10 dyno pulls and no problems on that fuse blowing. I called KB but seems that they dont care about my questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts