Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the MM IRS bushings installed. These are a MUST for any 03 cobra. The IRS only hops for alittle bit, and when it does it is not nearly as bad as before. But for the most part, there is no hop. For 49.95 this is the best bang for the buck way to minimize wheel hop. I can finally launch the car and let them spin.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Does the MM bushings make any noise or Squeak?? Do they make the car Stiffer?

jim v.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far I have not heard any noise. When I was leaving the shop, the owner mentioned they might squeek for about 4 or 5 days. But so far I have not heard anything. It didn't make the car feel any stiffer in my opinion. I don't know if other people feel something different, but I wouldn't even know they were in there if I didn't spin the tires.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Kevin, Thank's for your reply
I bought the bushings, but have not installed them yet.
The Hop Kit eliminated my hop so i put the install on the back burner.
If i have time this week i'll try to get mine done also..

jim v.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The IRS subframe doesn't move it just holds the IRS. So I don't how it could make noise. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Does the MM bushings make any noise or Squeak?? Do they make the car Stiffer?

jim v.
I have had them on my car for over 2 months now and don't have any noises or squeaks. I have in addition to the IRS bushings almost everything else MM makes for our cars for over a month and don't have any noises or squeaks to date. Yes, the do make the car stiffer, but it is not really noticeable by themself

·
Registered
124 Posts
toofast4u said:
I have had them on my car for over 2 months now and don't have any noises or squeaks. I have in addition to the IRS bushings almost everything else MM makes for our cars for over a month and don't have any noises or squeaks to date. Yes, the do make the car stiffer, but it is not really noticeable by themself
Ditto here... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts