I just finished installing the Maximum Motorsports IRS Suspension Bushings. It took me around 6 hours to complete. The kit comes with 4 bushings, 4 crush tubes, and 2 packets of grease. The directions are very well written and documented, but I think some stuff changed on the 03 which makes it a little different to install. I highly recommend anybody thinking about doing this go out a buy a bit like the rotozip that can cut sideways this would have saved me at least an hour and a lot of pain. I had a 95 Cobra and did the walking the drill bit around the shell to release the bushing and it was easy; on these bushings it is impossible. I would like to know the durometer of the factory bushings as they are very soft and elastic which makes removing them a pain. In the directions it says to lower the rear replace the bushings then lower the front and the do those. On the 03 at least mine I could not pull the IRS down far enough with only the rear released to perform this action. I actually had to lower both to get access to both. I also didn't need or use the additional jack stands they noted. With only the chassis support the shocks supported the IRS unit. To remove the bushings I drilled a series of holes in each bushing until I compromised it enough to pull the core out, this process was hell on my drills my DeWalt corded drill was so hot after the second one I had to throw it in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool it down, it actually loss substantial power due to how hot it was this is the first time I ever saw that happen. I then used a 1 ¾" wood bit to remove the material in the shell. And finished it up removing all remaining material left in the shell with a wire wheel. Using this process the front two bushings were easy. My problems started with the back two which are to close to the rear brakes which made drilling holes in the rubber hard and the use of the wood bit impossible so I just had to work around it and use the wire wheel to remove all the material. I could have removed the brakes, but didn't feel like adding to the tasks. Next step was putting the IRS back up and aligning it this is where 3 hours of my time was spent. First I had a problem getting the IRS to go up into the torque boxes as the new bushings are slightly larger then the old ones, if you look at the picture you will see the lip the factory bushing don't have this and actually appear to float in the boxes. I basically ended lifting the car up with the jack under the lower IRS brace and pushing the car down to get it to slide in. I slide the bolts into the lower mounts and then did the upper mounts adjusting them so the bolts were in the exact same location as stock. My last major problem which took almost 1.5 hours was the passenger lower bolt was slightly stripped and I couldn't get the nut to go on so I decided to pull it out and replace it with one of the upper ones since I am getting new button head bolts for there next week anyways. Getting that lower back in with the rest of the assembly connected was a PIA because the fronts without the bolt in the want to center approx ¼" behind the hole in the torque boxes. I finally finished at 1:00am and took my car out for a ride. It definitely feels firmer and has no noticeable increase in road noise. I will return with a more complete review after a couple days with it. Yesterday I replaced the front sway bar and end link bushings and tonight noticed the car feels flatter in turns now.
Link to Instructions
Link to Instructions