Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a copy of the mag. They blocked out the front of my car
where Diablo sport was, I guess they used somthing like photo shop pro. ? Then the story is all wrong, Jim Campy, got all the facts wrong, the times are correct, my 10.5 to jims 11.19 , but Jim said many un true things , more on this later promis !!!
Just thought I would let all you readers know the truth. and it doesn't seem mmff does that !! So what you read can be BS ..
This has nothing to do with Jim. D. Jim. C. is the one
I wondered why he would not fax me the story. to proof read . Even my Wife who never gets involved said what the hell. .

G

·
Sorry buddy....welcome to the world of politics......

Congrats on the great times and winning is good too. The publicity hopfully is good for you and your PJ's Performance. You deserve it buddy. I didnt get my copy yet.....hopfully soon.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG(20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)
NO KENNEBELL FOR ME GANG...family personal reasons(health).

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I guess Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf, otherwise known as Minister Magoo, was moonlighting at MM&FF before the invasion.

Don't let the politics get you down Pete.

Same ole shit different day, people always take shots at those at the top of the heap.

I will not be renewing my suscription.
JT

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I ain't surprised. This is not a new thing at all. They print whatever they want and that's the way it is.

You know that too, Pete. Many, many racers have been screwed the exact same way.

Like you guys said: politics.

It's not who you know. It's who you blow.

·
Registered
64 Posts
re:

well just make me run faster and I will take the heat for ya.

thanks for the setup really excited. looking to run low tens with good track conditions.

I hope you come down to lincoln for the power tour and americruise, tell that other bozo that you are competing with to come down so the masses can see it here.

a win is a win don't worry about the other bs thats all it is gotta make excuses

this is the best one I've heard "I had my a/c on thats why you beat me by 4 cars" he he he right

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will give you guys a little som, " the roll bar , and shifter not so tidy job, ( ok it looks like a hack job). This rite out of the mag. there is plenty more , cant reveal it all sa of yet. but you all know i will asap.

·
Registered
810 Posts
-Pete-

Sorry to here about that. [edit] I guess I should say in my opinion [edit] It's been known in the Lightning crowd for some time that JDM is full of BS. :vomit: His promises often go un-fulfilled. Things from shipping dates, promised products, to 4v 5.4 s/c engines. MM&FF & JDM seem to be in bed with each other.

I'm somewhat new to the Cobra world but you seem like your out to have fun and share what you know. That's great! I'll let you push the crap out of your engine and I'll learn from that.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Pete--

Sorry to hear the article turned out poorly for you...I'll have to check it out at the bookstore this week....

Food for thought, Jim and JDM sponsor the Truck class at FFW...MM&FF Also is a big sponsor of FFW weekend...I think you guys can put 2 and 2 together....I guess thats how some things work in the mustang community :vomit:

Jeff

·
Registered
191 Posts
Onelfastlride said:
MM&FF & JDM seem to be in bed with each other.

You said it, not me :D

It's pretty sad too.

Don't worry Pete, i'm sure the real truth will come out of this!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it begins , And I'm in good shape !! :)
A little over weight

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dont worry Pete. You are a household name with every respectable mustang owner. LS1 guys know you too ;). I am definately not buying that magazine anymore. But hey, at least numbers don't lie!! Its just like that article in Car and Driver bout the Cobra vs G35 vs RX-8 - completely biased, but the numbers show the true winner.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Pete,
Those guys have their sponsors write their articles for them, because they have certain people do all their work for their cars for free and in return give them props in the mag. I just threw out the renewal card.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Guys , Please Dont start with me and Jim D, We both are fine with the results, Jim D is not into the competition as me, He is more into the lightning stuff.
The problem I have is with Jim C. from mmff , And its not the facts of the race, but the rules, and bashing my car , removing Daiblo from the front of the car !
Please hold all your comments , I will post on this at a later date
you all know that !! man its hard to say Peace today :mad:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Pete, you have a right to be pissed I am sure, BUT you set the standard dude!! Hold your head up, you DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Pete,
There comments about your car were classless.
I didn't see article yet,but nobody can dispute your 9sec timeslip at a National event.
I saw your car at Bradenton after you had time to get things right,,Your car looked , ran and sounded awesome.

You are the :king of the
TERMINATORS :banggears

·
Registered
117 Posts
You're on top right now Pete..expect ignorant comments like we've seen in the past to rear it's head all the time. Critisism will come from all angles, in all mannerisms. I'd say jealously is the motivating factor for acinine remarks from naysayers, but more than the snide comments they're waiting for u to fail. It's like a celebrity death pool..only in this case "certain" people r waiting for your car to die. Keep it rolling Pete.

·
Registered
57 Posts
mmff

Pete; don't sweat the small s%&t I can tell you from my own experience with MMFF that the magazine is all about politics, if you don't advertise with them you, you don't get the credit you deserve. F&^ k em you be the MAN. Joe

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.