Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i do with the fuel system. Keep it returnless? keep lines from 03? use 03 tank? or should i run new external pump, with fox tank? run a regulator? any suggestions? what has everyone else done? thanks

· Registered
794 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 03 cobra tank with pumps already in it. i do not have the factory cobra lines. i have been told by numerous people to keep the system returnless because there are alot of things that would need to be swapped out to make it return style. I am not running huge power. Maybe smaller pully eventually. I can get factory 03 cobra lines for $390 from tank to fuel rail. i was thinking to run steel lines all the way up and use plastic lines with quick connects for fuel rail? any suggestions?

· Registered
794 Posts
Since you already have the tank and pumps, i'd just leave it returnless and plump it just like an 03 cobra.

Back a couple years, either way was expensive, but now that the tank price is 50% less for an 03 cobra, that's likely the easiest cheapest way to do it.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
woud anyone know what i need to do to the filler neck to get it to fit. i know it needs to be cut and re welded? but do i have to add in a section or what? also does anyone know if i can use a 99 v6 fuel line. that car is returnless as well. ford says there part numbers are different but the connector at the fuel rail with fuel pressure regulator and at the filter are the same?? so i dont see why i cant use that line. someone let me know what you think. thanks

· Registered
155 Posts
Nothing has to be added to the filled neck , cut and re-weld the smaller section entering the tank just above the hanger attaching it to the tank.
Fuel lines off any V8 car are the same, I just compared them on a wrecked 01 GT in the bone yard.
Drill the rivets , drop the lines from a donor car and re-install in your fox .

· Registered
199 Posts
Make things easy on yourself. Just cut the filler neck and go to your local boating supply store. Pick up a small section of marine grade fuel hose and two stainless clamps. Once you put the trunk carpet back in you won't be able to see it. The hose in this link is the same hose you use. Welding on a tank that had fuel in it makes me a little nervous.

Vetus Fuel Fill Hose

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.