Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of valve seals are available for these motors besides stock? I need something good as it seems I have a serious oil burning problem in driver side head and slight burning in passenger head (PI heads)

Since I have never pulled valve covers is it possible to pull the rockers and springs without removing the cams? This all started with long tube headers.

Car used 2 1/2 quarts on trip to Bradenton(1100 miles) and atleast another 3/4 -1 quart over the 4 days of racing. Pulled plugs on driver head(saterday evening) and they are getting fouled and using a flashlight to look at top of pistons can see heavy buildup on them.

If it's not valve seals what else could it be or try to solve this.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You may also want to look at getting some good bronze valve guides put in, cause the stock ford iron junk ones don't last too long...After a while, especially with long tubes, the guides will go, causing excess oil to blow by and in effect burn oil in the combustion chamber....LIke Tim said though, Mac has had a "reputation" for causing the seals and guides to go bad, do to the quality of the header....

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts