Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Cool!! The only questions i have are the Intercooler and Blower wording. "Stock unmodified blowers only": does that mean no pulleys??? And "Aftermarket (intercooler) cores are prohibited": Aftermarket heat exchangers are ok? Oh yeah, fuel rails and injectors?? No mention in the rules that i could find........ Thanks. Sounds great.

EDIT: Also it looks like 275 tires are the only ones that will be allowed. Section widths for 275's are right at 11. Is that the intention of the rule?? Thanks again.

gary

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SVTyballz said:
Stock unmodified blowers only": does that mean no pulleys??? And "Aftermarket (intercooler) cores are prohibited": Aftermarket heat exchangers are ok? Oh yeah, fuel rails and injectors?? No mention in the rules that i could find........ Thanks. Sounds great.

EDIT: Also it looks like 275 tires are the only ones that will be allowed. Section widths for 275's are right at 11. Is that the intention of the rule?? Thanks again.

gary
HI Gary

I reworded the rules a bit, go look. Pulleys are allowed. Aftermarket heat exchangers are ok also. You are allowed any mods to the fuel system.

As for tires, we don't want people to get crazy with tires, so we capped the limit to 11" width.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
cool. thanks for the clarification. sounds great.

gary

·
Registered
107 Posts
I 'm good with the rules.....except one minor variation if you'd consider it.....In looking at the broken tranny pics, I would think upgrades to the viper tranny would be allowed, only difference in the 1/4 is 4th is 1.1 instead of 1.0. Would hate to think that would disqualify me from playing with ya and I won't spend the money on a tranny that's just going to break again. Please also clarify if mods to the suspension and IRS are acceptable. Are Solid axles allowed? I'd assume the 3400 lbs w/o the driver, weight looks like it's going to stay.... That just means more money to be competative trying to strip off > 200 lbs, and even more for convertables. Please take a closer look at this if you could.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The Viper trans is the same in the 1st 4 gears (actually 4th isn't a gear, the input shaft gets coupled to the output shaft), only the overdrives are different.

I think that may be legal since generally, 5th and 6th aren't used, but Dave would have to say.

JT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts