Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Modified a spare headlight I had laying around today to allow for direct airflow into my air filter for racetrack or during the day use. Going to do back to back datalogs with this to see how much it reduces iat-1 and 2 temps!:beerchug: Anyone who wants one done feel free to contact me...these are hand modified and look great! Here are a couple of pictures. Hermann

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i like it!

what are you using for airbox / shield?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
used a 10" open end s-b filter with a c-l shield, the end of the filter butts right up to the modified opening in the headlight.....here is a picture

·
Registered
952 Posts
Modified a spare headlight I had laying around today to allow for direct airflow into my air filter for racetrack or during the day use. Going to do back to back datalogs with this to see how much it reduces iat-1 and 2 temps!:beerchug: Anyone who wants one done feel free to contact me...these are hand modified and look great! Here are a couple of pictures. Hermann
:beerchug: I bought Rick's before he moved down to S.C. - looks better than removing the headlight completely & you get that direct flow...:thumb3:

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Very nice bro!:beerchug:
I have an extra set of HLs that I'm doing the same thing to!

Need to get rid of that 1 eyed look in my avatar...lol!

Tired of people at work (screensaver) asking me where it is, and having that look of ...hughhh:blink: when I try to explain!

Ken:beerchug:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice Rails!!:beerchug: Looking good as always, now let's get some track times from that MONSTER:beerchug:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys...I think it will be a benefit that can even be street driven in the daytime since the turn signals will still function. I can't wait to log it tomorrow to see the differences:beerchug:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I did this mod a few months back, I got tired of pulling out the light, and this mod is more aerodynamic, since the inside of the light actually "guides" the air in. I'm curious to see the datalogs Hermann, never did that.

Buy the tinted headlight covers (Ebay), they keep crap out of the filter on the street and they fit pretty good. I called this the cyclops mod.

I have been looking for an open-ended filter, what is the part # of that filter Hermann?

·
Eaton Warrior
2,948 Posts
I think ive seen that somewhere before, LOL. Lookin good Herman.:beerchug: Im interested to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i would to have one , from where i can buy one of those ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hahaha i was looking for those and bumped into this website so im like lets jst comment and hopefully someone replied lol

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Just kidding. Just buy yourself a passenger headlight from any 99-04 Mustang and take a Dremel to it.

Ken

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I bought a used driver side head light and got a Harbor Freight Dremel and taped off what I wanted cut out. Took about an hour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts