Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Not the best idea I have ever seen.
Adapter plates, band aids, super glue, etc.

·
Registered
95 Posts
why not just use a sullivan, no adapters for it and it will go on a 5.4 or 4.6 and they really are not that expensive once you add up the adapter plates and an intake. plus its a cleaner install

·
Registered
321 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
How about a 12.2:1 CR 4v Mod Motor with Sullivan intake, double pumper carb and crank trigger distributor. Heads CNC stage 3 ported/polished by Fox Lake.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
All these C headed options do me no good. I guess these B heads gotta go for me to have options.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My next engine is going to make people drool, likes like a 427 SOHC..

Andy

·
Registered
236 Posts
2003 Mach 1 4.6L DOHC carbureted with distributor, custom wet nitrous system. MSD digital 7 programmable ignition. Heads stage III CNC ported by Fox Lake Power Products. Custom dome JE nitrous pistions. Motor built by Jeff Chambers, owner of CRT Performance. Vids taken at CRT Performance shop during motor inital breakin. Initial timing at 18-19 degrees for breakin..

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think that adapter to allow any 5.0 pushrod intake on a 4.6 4V is a really slick idea. Great for street rodders and engine swappers. Or if you want to swap in a 4.6 into an earlier 5.0 fox car and keep all your existing fuel injection stuff intact.

However, it's not the best for performance. Pretty much any 4.6 intake will out flow any 5.0 intake with that adapter.

Here's an article I read from MMFF magazine where they tested it out.

Also, that company, KarKraft is now out of business. No more neat adapters from them!

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c...ake_manifold_test/custom_intake_manifold.html

Homer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts