Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I’m new here and wondering if anyone can help. I’m building a 1953 Ford F100 truck with a 4.6 modular engine. I live in So. Calif. and need someone to flash my PCM. Anyone with info that can help me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. Jerry.

·
Registered
360 Posts
what is you need to change by flashing it? Did you add a bunch of parts you need to account for? Knowing what you need done will help with a recommendation

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question that I have not had any luck finding an answer to. So I have a 2010 Ford F-150 that I recently upgraded with MHS ported heads with comp cam stage 2 cams. The new head with cam combo came with a LH side cam sprocket with one mag pickup bump for the cam position sensor. My factory cam sprocket has 8 mag pickups on the cam sprocket. After using oreilly auto parts website for research I have found the gears are two different part numbers and the single bump mag pickup sprocket does not show to go in my truck year model and application. Since rebuilding and installing engine I now have a P0340 camshaft position sensor code. I’m aware that I will need a proper tune for these upgraded cams but does anyone know if this other style cam sprocket could be the culprit. I have seen numerous cam upgrade forums and videos where the engine would need to be tuned but no complaints of camshaft position sensor code, I believe mainly because others have reused or purchased the exact same cam sprocket as factory. Before anyone goes to asking yes my engine is mechanically in time. If anyone can please help it would much appreciated. If this is not something that can be changed within the tune parameters I will have to remove the valve covers, front cover, cam shaft, send off redegree, and that’s not including all the other component that I will need to remove with proper access to perform repairs. And then reinstall. Basically 10 steps forward and at least 4-6 steps back FML!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts