Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Yes it was a diamond. It was a Michigan car and was a rust bucket. All the rubber underneath was gone, wheels were corroded beyond hope. Even the oil pan is a mess. The seats had rust on the structure, cleaned that up.

No decision on intake yet. Going to keep my options open. Might just keep the stock w/IMRC at first.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Not really! I have been very busy with lots of other stuff in life!
Have the drive train mocked up with a temp trans cross member. Have to wait for my buddy to have room in his shop for my car to fab the real one and start on body work.

Saw are very nice 64 Fairlane SC at Goodguys Nashville that used the RC motorsports set up and blown cobra. It got me a little more motivated!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Understood, same boat here!
Any pics of that Good Guys Fairlane?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Updates

Finally getting time to work on the fairlane.
A little earlier, my buddy installed the Tanks Inc plate in my stock tank. We turned it over to actually get about another 1/4" in depth so the Tanks inc pump will work. I will have a corresponding access into the trunk to run the lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Got the Vintage air unit installed and mocked up the vents and control. Will eventual have some 1/8" alumimum plate cut to replace the wood. Got the Hammer shifter mount figured out. It sits a little high, but there is no room to recess it into the tunnel with the 4R70 under there and feels comfortable. Got the Ididit column figured out. I should have ordered one about 2 to 3 inches longer. The cone hits the bottom of the bezel when I got the other end in the right place at the firewall. Will have to get a 3/4" aluminum piece made to space it down just a bit. It is always something!

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
That all looks killer Herb. Looks like you're moving ahead again. I really want to do the AC unit but just can't front the cash for it. I also think I may be forced into a floor shifter. We'll see. That IDIDIT column looks good there. I was afraid of the look with the polished column but it actually goes well. I'll try my way first but will have this as a backup plan. What gauges are you using? I'm going to go with the dolphin and their mount for the factory 3 holes.

Are you using the factory tank? I have their page favorite and have contemplated that route myself with a 255lph setup just to starve off the external noise. Will you still have to shorten their internal mount with the baffle? I'm sure another inch can be found in shortening past their 6" mark.

Looking great. Keep it up!

Dave

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Have not decided on gauges but I bought the insert from Boese Engineering. Looking at Classic Industries but have not purchased anything.
The tank is a new metal tank. I used the insert for two reason, one to get a flat surface as the ribs on our tanks are too tall to simply flatten out. The second to add a little depth. we set it at the top of the ribs, and wish we would have added a 1/4" to that. The pump fits, but is at the absoute minimum and was close. I looked at the Aeromotive Phantom series. It was more expensive, but looks like it would work with out all the welding.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Cool. I have a brand new factory tank I'm going to be cutting for the same idea. I have to take a break though. Looking forward to your progress.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Herb,
Did you put the pump on the drivers side with intention of having the fuel filter just in front of the tank and the line crossover to the passenger side to run down that side? That's my intention since the rails are on that side of the engine.

Dave

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I put it at that location so it doesnt conflict with the stock sending unit. Will plumb it up inside the trunk and cross over to the passenger side in the trunk.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I see. Can't wait for some more progress pics. Hint, hint....

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Mock up! Clears the hood by about 1/2" at the top of the blower. Plenty of room up front, and out back. Going to take out the pocket that was in there for the Mark VIII TB. Smooth it back out. Please excuse the mess! :)

Land vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design

Motor vehicle Gas Hood Engineering Machine

·
Registered
570 Posts
That looks awesome! So you went with C heads and the MkVIII block? What are you doing for tuning? I'm still thinking of going the turbo route but would love the torque of that blower for the street.

Dave

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Yes, C heads and the Teksid block. 351Blueblood posted a link in my other thread on the swap over on MercuryMarauder.net that is really thorough. Had to get an 01 Cobra/03 Marauder or Mach 1 front cover and will order the custom brackets to relocate the alternator and provide the tensioner for the subercharger belt. Still have lots of parts to source for it.
Probably the hard way but I am a glutten for punishment! :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Looking good. One issue you will have is getting the hood to close with the IAC installed. I made a remote mount for mine to move it to the back. Another option is to use a Dragon plenum (701-20, which is $500!). I looked at all the options I could think of - I even machined a plenum to put it at an angle - won't clear the valve covers. Here's my remote mod, if it gives you any ideas.

Here's another thread with a similar setup. Brett also had to relocate the IAC. http://www.modularfords.com/threads/172100-Updates-to-the-66-this-winter

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I will have to look at that. I mocked up the hood yesterday and clear the top front corner of the blower by at least 1/2" but didnt have the IAC on yet. My hood was actually sitting farther down that it will ultimatley without hinges installed. I have a about a 3 to 4 degree slant to the engine so maybe the Fairlane will clear.

Thansk for the tip!

101 - 120 of 160 Posts