Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
121 - 140 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Plan to do that while the car is out for paint and body work. Still looking for a machine shop in the Nashville area that knows their way around the Teksid block and 4V.

·
Registered
13 Posts
its been awhile since i was on here my falcon is done and is fast and everything is hidden by the stock hood the car is fast and quite no ones know what i have they are shock how fast it is the car came out better that i thought it would i keep it stock looking it should get in to the nine soon it was fun putting that 4.6 dohc supercharger in my falcon it makes people talk and take notice its the biggest sleeper it feels great to have people want to talk to you about your car i dont give alot of info i just smile alot

·
Registered
63 Posts
There is a guy on svtperformance selling an IAT relocate kit right now in the terminator section. The build looks impressive. Having a donor car on hand is a BIG plus. What are the plans for exhaust? Stock logs, shorty headers, mid length, or long tubes? If your going with stock logs the Marauder logs hug the engine closer than the cobra logs and they point straight back unlike the cobras that point towards the frame on the DS. Sanderson also makes a set of affordable mid lengths the tube diameter is small but they will fit your confined area.

Again sweet build.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
I tried the Sanderson Shortys and they hit the passenger side frame rail. Sold them to another member. I have a 99 mustang driver exhaust and the old Mark VIII passenger side. I bought a set of Cobra manifolds from another member, should be here next week. Over on MMnet I started a thread about the stock manifolds. I will compare the cobra with the older Mustang once I get them, but the ports are larger on the 03 cobra. I gave up on any type of long tube working and I dont think that the $$ for the FRPP headers is worth the little gain at my hp levels. I think a stock Mustang "off road" exhaust with X cross will work, but will probably just have a local shop here custom fabricate one from SS.

On the IAC, looks like I can clearance the hood just a little and it will work. 65DOHCstang sent me info on what he did to remote his. Not a member on SVT so I cant pm that guy.

I am going to have to call it FairMarkMustaRaurder or something when I am finished!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Got it back from the body shop a while ago but have not had much time to work on it. Got most of rust damage repaired, cross member built, quarter panel fixed. Hope to get back on it this fall.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good to see you back at it Herb. For the tranny connector, I just this weekend actually drilled the hole under the seat to run up the door sill and to the PCM. Your X member is pretty beefy compared to mine. Looks good.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Steering

Finally got the steering column installed and cut out the Mickey Mouse hole in the fire wall. Still have to get the spacer for the column at the dash cut out of aluminum, using a piece of wood for now. My weld at the thin old metal at the foot well has failed. I think I am going to have to cut out more old metal. Keeps blowing through ever time i try to mig it. Maybe I just need to get someone who really knows how to weld to do it! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
I know what you mean about blowing through. I used to use two different rolls of material. I had the smaller wire for sheet metal and thicker for plate. I eventually got tired of swapping and just started spotting the sheet with the thicker wire and it doesn't do bad. I can never get a bead on body material linger than an inch or so. Just good spots. Time consuming but it works and holds. It's about time for us all to start posting progress pics with the winter setting in now.

Dave

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Finally got some time in and figured out the intercooler. I found one frozen boost that is only about an inch thick. Had a buddy cut the cap off and weld it closed. Did some modifications to the front apron, mainly to clear the fittings, and to the outer valance. It fits behind the stock grill!
Wondering if the pump is mounted too high? it will be nearly as high as the reservoir/fill tank (not the one in the picture). Should I lower it? wondering if it will cavitate if there is air in the line.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood
Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper
Motor vehicle Machine tool Gas Cylinder Automotive exterior

·
Registered
595 Posts
If the aluminum tank in the last pic is the fill tank, you should be fine as long as the level in that tank is at least level with the pump highest point for the fluid chamber.

Looking great. Keep it up!!

Dave

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Plumbing

Finally decided where the intercooler pump and fill canister are going to live. Figuring out all the hoses was a pain, but am 90% done.
Made up the stainless fuel and cooling lines in the engine bay, figured out how I am running the lines to the tank. Roughed in the box out in the trunk more to my liking. Still have to fully weld it from underneath and grind it down flush. Now I am thinking of moving the engine back 1.5". It never ends! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Love it! I fully understand the moving the engine idea. I'm leaving the coils and it's going to stay but it will bug me. Keep it up. Looking great!

121 - 140 of 171 Posts