Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interests in Mavericks peaked again and was thinking of something to do and a DOHC 4.6 popped into my head...then I saw a Mustang II with a DOHC under the hood...

Anyone hear of such a swap? From the looks of the Mustang II swap, some fab work will be required to the strut towers...possibly a coil over conversion? And definately K-member modification and fabrication.

BTW, this is a far off future deal or a "If I win the lotto" deal...which would be last on the list after other expensive cars.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been pondering this swap also. Then I keep thinking the 5.0 fuel injected way may be the better way to go, no front end modifications needed.

Starkie

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was thinking of a Modular for a Stang...but...I'm not much of a fan of them...but I kinda...like them...

But since its a Maverick...and would be some sort of project, frotn end modificaiton would proably be done anyway(upgraded front suspension and such).

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have been wanting to do a DOHC 4.6 swap into a 71-72 Grabber Maverick for awhile now. It would be something different and a real sleeper. :evil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts