Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so strongly about this that I had to start a new thread.

WHAT AN AWESOME GROUP OF PEOPLE!

I'm talking about the members of this board. It's a strange thing to meet people for the first time that you know well...that you've known for some time.

Eric, Chad and Jeff were the life of the party. True modular muscle enthusiasts who know how to have a great time during a big event. Great guys!

Billetflow Doug is cool as hell too! It was great hanging with you, Doug. And talk about a party ANIMAL! Doug walked around with his HIGH OCTANE party fuel, hooking everyone up and ensuring that all the fellas 'fell off the porch' by the end of the night.

But my favorite new people are Ben Dorn (Modcobra) and Brett (Modman). Ben, I had the best time hanging and talking with you. You are ACES in my book. Brett, you are too cool and funny as hell. It was a real pleasure and I hope we can hang and party again sometime.

:beer

Then there was Steve, the owner of SVTPerformance.com. Steve is a great guy and I always enjoy his company. For those who don't know him, he's EXTREMELY laid back and quiet. His better judgement told him not to party but I talked him into it and he came to Hooters and then poolside at the hotel. And it was a CLASSIC moment when he got blitzed and started acting up. At about 1 AM on Friday night, while enjoying the HELL out of the partying, Steve and I toasted our beers. And Steve shattered my beer in my hand!

The old adage is correct: It's the quiet guys that you have to watch!

Later in the evening, after Billetflow Doug and I talked Steve into doing a couple of shots (along with the beers he was pounding down), Steve 'fell off the porch', himself. The fellas were there to ensure that he got to his room safely...but not before they got a few pictures of Steve in that 'rare condition'. Rumor has it that one of those pictures may land on our home page under the title, "SVT PERFORMANCE CAN'T HANG". Well...that's a joke. But in all seriousness, Steve's a great guy and I always enjoy his company. I'm real glad that you were there, Steve.

Mike (Badpny) and Brett, it was good meeting you guys as well and congrads on doing so well in the shootout.

Then there's old friends like 2KBill and Kameron, whom I always enjoy spending time with.

Also, I can't say enough about Shaun and Jim D'Amore from JDM. They are great guys, good friends and they support the scene as such that Ford Racing is warm, friendly and worth while. Jim is willing to help out ANYONE he can, including cars that are competing against him at the event. Even while busy he'll drop what he's doing to help out guys that are about to race and need help. "What do you need? Tools? Parts? If I got them, they're yours" Winning comes second to that tight "family feeling" that these guys give off. They are truly a class act and they demonstrated their superior prowess with their 03 Cobra. I'll stand with those guys anytime and anywhere!

I drove to the event with my bro JT and shacked up with my other bro Jimmy V. We hung out, had fun and watched out for each other...like always. Screw the cars; some of these guys are my real friends. JT, you did great, represented well and we're damn proud of you.

Dave King, it was a pleasure meeting you. Your event was enormous fun and the racing was very exciting. I hope the Shootouts continue and you can call on me for any help you ever need in the future. I hope that my car didn't make waves between you and the track officials. I certainly didn't want that!

Eric, the ModularFords banner is proudly on my windshield and I have a bunch of stickers that I will give out to the local fellas for their cars as well. It's not an option, they WILL put the stickers on! I look forward to hanging with you again, bro.

I am still hung over and that's about all I can remember at the moment. Party and barbique is at my house next and you're all invited.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was looking forward to reading all the narratives this morning about the shootout weekend. Sounds like it was all it was advertised to be....and then some. Can't put a price on hangin' out with good people and doing something you love to do. I am sorry I missed it. Couldn't be helped, but it is on my schedule for next year. Thanks for the update Hammer. ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
It is funny how you form impressions of people by just "talkin" with them thru the internet. All I can tell you is that I hung out with a great bunch of people this weekend. All knew way too well how to party, had some really serious knowledge of cars and just flat out drove the shit out of em.

Was so nice meetin the rest of the 03 guys. Truely a class group.

What can I say about the Tifton Connection. As always, the Brooks boys were more than bros to me and we had a blast.

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hammer, It was great meeting and hanging out with you and the others this weekend. I had a great time. Never met a bunch of nicer people. Jimmy V's stories were funny as hell at dinner on Sat night, I'm still laughing. JT, thanks for the help with my launching technique on Sat. without it I probably wouldnt have even won the 1 round I did. I will definately do it again next year. Maybe by then I'll have my car upgraded to 03 specs with an Eaton on top.

BTW Hammer, I'm in the process of editing those videos of your car on the highway on Sat night. I'll get them up as soon as possible.

Thanks again for a great time everyone.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cobra99Dave said:
Hammer, It was great meeting and hanging out with you and the others this weekend. I had a great time. Never met a bunch of nicer people. Jimmy V's stories were funny as hell at dinner on Sat night, I'm still laughing. JT, thanks for the help with my launching technique on Sat. without it I probably wouldnt have even won the 1 round I did. I will definately do it again next year. Maybe by then I'll have my car upgraded to 03 specs with an Eaton on top.

BTW Hammer, I'm in the process of editing those videos of your car on the highway on Sat night. I'll get them up as soon as possible.

DAVE!!! I'm sorry I forgot about you, man. I forgot a lot of important people. Oh boy, let me shut up now!

Looking forward to hanging again soon, man. You guys call me on that Eaton thing soon...I'll see what I can find out.

Rich

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Cobra99Dave said:

Dave, It was a good time. We have to figure out how to practice that pro tree shit!

You were cutting some good lights, man. If we had figured stuff ou a little earlier, who knows how far you would have went. Damn roll out!

You guys were the kings of getting around out there,I'm so glad we bypassed all that mud.

JT

·
Registered
148 Posts
HAMMER said:

Then there's old friends like 2KBill and Kameron, whom I always enjoy spending time with.

Also, I can't say enough about Shaun and Jim D'Amore from JDM. They are great guys, good friends and they support the scene as such that Ford Racing is warm, friendly and worth while. Jim is willing to help out ANYONE he can, including cars that are competing against him at the event. Even while busy he'll drop what he's doing to help out guys that are about to race and need help. "What do you need? Tools? Parts? If I got them, they're yours" Winning comes second to that tight "family feeling" that these guys give off. They are truly a class act and they demonstrated their superior prowess with their 03 Cobra. I'll stand with those guys anytime and anywhere...
It was good to see you again. I didnt' even know you had another 03 cobra till the event. Man that thing must be an animal. I got to go for a ride in Jimmy's car and damn these o3 cobra's are really the shit...I can only imagine what your beast feels like.

I was in Brian's(b1nyc) silver gt with roush spoiler when you got on it and started to slip sideways. I can only imagine the traction issues your facing.

I heard about what your car ran...I won't post it until you do...if you even do...;)

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Wow, already 5+ Mod Shootout threads.

I just got in and I'm extremely tired from the drive, but damn I had a blast this weekend. I do not even know where to begin.

I will not attempt to name everyone I met, but we had a blast. I will let my pictures tell the story. We did some kinda partying!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Me and the boy had a great time-Nice to meet all of the racers, Dave and his staff were great-hope to do it again next year-everyone was real cool-

Kurt and Cameron:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
It was nice meeting alot of you guys,. My memory is like Hammers and I forget names, sorry. Good luck to you Hammer, I see 10's when you go back to the east coast tracks! Very impressive numbers for everyone, even with some of the shitiest air we have had here in Columbus this year. I was off by about 2 tenths from what I usually run here. Thats about 4 tenths compared to Cecil!:lol See ya, Josh

·
Registered
577 Posts
HAMMER, can a NJ brotha get a sticker?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts