Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good Lord...I hope not, except for the one made by SVT with the Lightning motor/trans in it.

It's MUCH too wide for the engine bay and everthing else about it.

Brian

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Mod Motor is very wide however that is only the case up top. The block is narrow and the Cobra manifolds or FMS shorties tuck in quite well and should allow plenty of room for the steering shaft. The width of the top of the engine should only be a concern in the area of the brake booster and heat/ air conditioning housing. The frame should be of no concern because it is well below where the heads will be and there are no shock towers as in the Mustang to limit space. All in all, I think there is more room in the Ranger engine bay.

I may get into doing some of these swaps and provide some custom engine mounts if there is enough interest.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Mod Motor is very wide however that is only the case up top. The block is narrow and the Cobra manifolds or FMS shorties tuck in quite well and should allow plenty of room for the steering shaft. The width of the top of the engine should only be a concern in the area of the brake booster and heat/ air conditioning housing. The frame should be of no concern because it is well below where the heads will be and there are no shock towers as in the Mustang to limit space. All in all, I think there is more room in the Ranger engine bay.

I may get into doing some of these swaps and provide some custom engine mounts if there is enough interest.
Sorry, but I must disagree.

351w/Gt40 Iron heads/96 Ranger.

FWIW, the steering shaft sits approx 2-3" higher on the firewall then a Mustang.

Brian

·
Registered
151 Posts
You may be unarguably correct but the main width of the Mod head sits higher than the 351 and the headers / manifolds tuck in tight towards a much narrower block. We will have to see what is what when parts meet, but it does look doubtful from that view. Thanks for the pics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts