Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the PEP Tach Adapter installed, it has a green light, so it's wired correctly. Got the tach mounted and have been having some problems finding the right wires to splice into. The ground wire was a no brainer. The red wire requires a 12V ignition power source. What wire is the best to hook up for this? I don't have an electrical schematic, unfortunately. Also, there's the white wire that says it must be hooked up to a 12V dash lighting source.

While testing some wires to hook into using the fuse box, we hooked up the red wire into the Engine Control fuse (which gives 12V when in the ON position) and hooked up the white wire into the Dash Illumination fuse, and we seemed to have gotten the tach to work, but we noticed that when revving up the RPM's didn't match on the Autometer tach with the factory dash tach. Also, when we turned the light switch dimmer, the tach went nuts! Obviously that's not the right wire! LOL!

Help!

Red wire from tach ---> ???
White wire from tach ---> ???
Black wire from tach ---> GRND
Green wire from tach ---> Tach Adapter

·
Registered
20 Posts
the autometer is not going to be right on because of the stock tach is off by a little. on every ford that I have owned it was off. and as for for the tach wire for thje lights I wired mine into the light switch and it worked just fine.
good luck

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nightstang said:
the autometer is not going to be right on because of the stock tach is off by a little. on every ford that I have owned it was off. and as for for the tach wire for thje lights I wired mine into the light switch and it worked just fine.
good luck
If possible I need specifics, where did you hook up red to and where did you hook white to? Wire color, Fuse #

Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done deal! Red wire to fuse #32, White to #37 and a GOOD ground for Black. That was my problem... bad ground!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts