Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight at the track on my last pass I had some nasty noise on the top end. At first I thought it was valve train or a rod bearing but on the return road the noise went away. Then it progressed into a chirping sound and varied based on clutch engagement. This also happened to me in Bradenton and to temporarily fix it I sprayed white lithium grease on it but this time it's worse. Last one that went on me separated into two pieces and I think that is what is happening here except it eventually presses back together.

For those that don't know I'm launching the car on the stock two step ;) (rev limiter) and I think that is what is doing it. Everything is properly set up, the TOB isn't touching when the clutch is engaged, there is about an inch of play in the pedal. It's sitting on the clutch fork properly (it was last time I checked at least) I just don't know. Are there heavy duty throw out bearings? Something that can handle high RPM abuse?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you know if the release fork is bending/bent at all? I have not ever heard of the TOB seperating like you keep having issues with. I know I got a new one with the trans, not sure if its heavy duty or stronger, I would have to find out.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vrtical said:
Do you know if the release fork is bending/bent at all? I have not ever heard of the TOB seperating like you keep having issues with. I know I got a new one with the trans, not sure if its heavy duty or stronger, I would have to find out.
No way the fork is bending the clutch pedal effort is nice and smooth. It may just be a case this time that it was a bad bearing from the get go but if there is something a bit strong I'd rather buy that then deal with another cheap one failing on me 2 months from now.

Bill

·
Registered
180 Posts
Timken makes about the best TOB there is. I would look into one of them.

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
RavenGT said:
Timken makes about the best TOB there is. I would look into one of them.

Joe
Where can I get the Timken TOB....

·
Registered
108 Posts
tob...

...Bill, I've had great luck wth a "Hayes" t/o brg, got it from "jegs" but dont let them look it up, as everyone who has called them gets the wrong one(early '70s style) call me at work and I'll give you the part #, its @$30.00

Randy

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am having problems with my TOB on my TKO as well. I am having a guy from McCloud come out and check out my car this weekend. He says he can help. If he does, I'll let you know what he did/changed.

Derrick

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, I swapped to the Ford Motorsports TOB. I was told it would work well for my combo. It felt great on the ride home but we'll see what happens after a night at the track.

Derrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts