Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pic of my morpheus power pipe, has a 6" K&N in the fender. on the prototype we had a 9", but for some reason it didn't want to fit. no big deal, could not feel a difference with the 6" compared to the 9". dynoed 415 rwhp SAE, 425 rwhp STD. the only before numbers i have are 412 rwhp STD with an open 9" cone attached directly to MAF with no heat shield. no track numbers yet, waiting for a somewhat cool night. i am uploading more pics now, very nice jet hot finish. oh and simple green is awesome for cleaning your motor, made it look like brand new.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I *REALLY* like that! :)

MJ

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Now THAT is what a CAI for the 03 Cobra SHOULD look like!

Mandrel bent, good looking pipe. Tell the manufacturer to fabricate some kind of flange for the fenderwell...so that the filter is sealed in there.

And tell them to ENSURE that a filter larger than 6" fits in there...

WITHOUT COLLAPSING!!!!!!!!

Damn, am I going to buy YET ANOTHER cai???

Very nice piece!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Ok I will ask were is the mass-air in the fender?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
The only thing I would've done differently is put the IAT sensor in the fenderwell. On our cars it may not make much difference because I'm almost positive that IAT2 has strong authority to pull timing with increasing temperatures BUT it would've made me feel better! :)

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
toofast4u said:
Ok I will ask were is the mass-air in the fender?
Yup.

MJ

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
on the prototype we had a 9" filter in there, but i could not get it to fit without bolting the pipe to the fender (via the tab with an opening for the stock rubber bushing and bolt, on the top of the fender opening). yes the mass air is in the fender bolted right up to the air filter. there is a +1 lb boost increase over my previous set up (9" cone bolted right up to MAF with no heat shield). i see 9.5 lbs in 80*+ weather, and 10-11 in 55-70*. i have stock t/b and stock pullies. only mods are 2.5 offroad MAC H Pipe, 2.5" flowmaster catback, and the morpheus power pipe. the pipe is 4" straight through, no kinks or bends, and is jet hot coated. only modification necessary is that you have to cut the lower intercooler hose, and place 2 90* bends in to make room for the air filter. installation took about 30 minutes, plus about 10 mins to remove the inner fender liner. best mph with previous setup was 114, 115 with iced down S/C and T/b plenum in sept-nov. at Etown. no new times or mph with the power pipe.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Price? I went on Morpheus' website and there are absolutely no prices listed for ANY of their products. What gives?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like that setup there. Looks like there could be some warranty issues though for sure. Something I would be interested if there were no warranty issues.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
MJchip, what injectors do you run and how lean does the car go with the 75 shot. Do you run the shot before the meter and do you think that they could have used maybe a 41/2 inch pipe instead of the 4 inch. It would also be better in plastic it would disapate heat beater then metal.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
Yo, nice CAI. But that bigass stock pulley has to go. it looks like a steering wheel!!! LMAO. I forgot how big those stock pullies are..........

gary

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahhaa i know, i can't even use the money excuse since they are so cheap. but i will be making a return trip to morpheus to try a few new toys he has, maybe some smaller "steering wheels".

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
GRNENVY said:
MJchip, what injectors do you run and how lean does the car go with the 75 shot. Do you run the shot before the meter and do you think that they could have used maybe a 41/2 inch pipe instead of the 4 inch. It would also be better in plastic it would disapate heat beater then metal.
Hi,

1. With a 75 dry shot and 50lb/hr injectors I needed to increase fuel demand by approximately 9% between 3000-6200rpm (when the juice is activated). The air/fuel stayed around 11.5:1. If you sprayed a 75shot without adding more fuel you would run AT LEAST a full point leaner probably more like 1.5 points......NOT GOOD.

MJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
SVTVenom said:
Price? I went on Morpheus' website and there are absolutely no prices listed for ANY of their products. What gives?
I just copied this from their webpage...

Our ground breaking launch product is our "HorsePower Pipe" for Mustangs, these high flow air intake systems are not just Cold Air Kits, these 3.5" and 4" flow systems are designed for true "High Performance" applications. All models are available. The units will come standard with JetHot coating and an optional chrome finish (extra) for $140 plus shipping.

...Sweet looking piece! :worship

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did your MAF wiring have enough "slack" for the relocation? Or, did you have to splice some extra in? My buddy's 35th had to have extra wire spliced in to get the MAF into the fender.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes it fit, it was close but it was just enough slack.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That CAI looks great. What's the chance of reducing the rubber "adapter" and flaring the pipe out similiar to the vortech aluminum adapters on their 96-98' kits? I'm hoping I will be able to use a product like this for my 03' fox swap.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i don't know about reducing it, i would contact harold at morpheus performance. tell him you saw the pipe on Mike Fiore's car and you had some questions, real good guy. he can definitely answer any questions you got for him about the pipe.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts