Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see slightly over 14lbs initial and upto 5500, then it starts to fall, at 6000rpms its dropped to exactly 13lbs.. haven't stared at it after that much, it may be 12lbs at 6500 but dunno for sure yet. Curious what others are getting. This is running DC intake, stock log manifolds, catx and 3" catback. Jerry

·
Registered
42 Posts
that would be belt slip...get an idler from Billetflow.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its blower inefficiency myself. I have the no-slip pulley, all the BF idlers and the Nitrous Pete mofidied bypass valve so I'd say I have all the angles covered. Only other thing to do is try a brand new belt to see how long it lasts before it gives up some performance. I'm not complaining, just curious what others are seeing. Jerry

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Jerry, I have a 3.0 Pulley and see near 14lbs when weather is good.
I get no belt slip.I also think it's blower inefficiency.
I can hold 13lbs to 6000 on dyno..After that i loose 1 lb at 6500.
The more boost you put in the more you loose no matter what belt or idler pulley you use.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Are U guys running gatorback belts, 2 of my good friends just intalled the 2.93's on their 03's with the Gatorback and no big idler pulleys, and after a days thrashing at Beech Bend there was no belt dust ! The gatorback seems to work well at least what I have seen!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Jim! Trey, I was using a Gatorback, I'm back to the factory Gates belt w/ the No-slip pulley. Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts