Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those that have done it or know of the procedure...what are the tough parts of the installation?

Everything is easy right?

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
The back left bolt to fasten the SC to the lower intake. I had to hacksaw an allen wrench to fit it under the plenum. I turned the allen "nub" with an open-ended wrench.

·
Registered
94 Posts
03Steve said:
The back left bolt to fasten the SC to the lower intake. I had to hacksaw an allen wrench to fit it under the plenum. I turned the allen "nub" with an open-ended wrench.
Not sure exactly where this is, but would removing the hood help at all?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I do the install a little diffrerent , just take your time , I will say one thing prop the hood up straight up . peace
I have done 8 installs so far ..... I love doing them, still takes me 10-12 hrs with the boost pump and all !

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Yep, I tied the hood straight up to the garage door opener mounting frame. The plenum connects the throttle body to the supercharger. The bolt underneath it is the toughest part, unless you remove the plenum from the SC. :D

The install is a walk in the park. Everything is on top, and easy to access. If I wasn't out of town all the time, I would install them on other 03's. It is a fun installation to do!! :cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why not just remove the plenum?? It's 4 bolts.

Just wondering.

·
Registered
282 Posts
not on the KB. The plenum is part of the casting.

KO

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, 10-12 hours, that seems like a lot of work...I thought it would be more simple than that...there must be a bunch of time consuming little steps.

How long minus the boost a pump?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes , you still need the boost a pump, I have some files that will not need the boost a pump, nitro

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nitrous - At what point would the KB Boost a Pump be "necessary" on a 03 with a KB Blower?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bosko said:
Nitrous - At what point would the KB Boost a Pump be "necessary" on a 03 with a KB Blower?
good question, I'd like to add to that.

at what point do you need 50lbs injectors?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts