Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is making the most rwhp with all the mods and just an upper pulley change, no lowers allowed. 490hp/510

·
Registered
652 Posts
GRNENVY said:
Who is making the most rwhp with all the mods and just an upper pulley change, no lowers allowed. 490hp/510
You made 490hp/510tq without a lower pulley change? That is awesome!!! What are all the mods you have done to the car? What boost level is that at? Do you have a dynograph?

Later

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I made 475/490 without an idler pulley, so I probably had some slip!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I made 467 STD with 3.0 Pulley and i think that's good...

490 to 510 is UNFUGINBELIEVABLE!!!:)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pwr

What's up, my mods to date are T-body/ Intake, 12inch filter/ adapter, 2.75 non slip pulley, boost by pass ,Idler, Fan kit, water wetter in water tank, X-pipe high-flow cats by mufflex custom cats highest flowing made,, 3inch ultra-flow mufflers, STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, Auto- logic chip buy [email protected] JD's, Ngk or denso plugs and 14 pounds of boost . I have dyno sheets , to lazy to learn how to post pictures or graphs.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Re: Pwr

GRNENVY said:
What's up, my mods to date are T-body/ Intake, 12inch filter/ adapter, 2.75 non slip pulley, boost by pass ,Idler, Fan kit, water wetter in water tank, X-pipe high-flow cats by mufflex custom cats highest flowing made,, 3inch ultra-flow mufflers, STOCK EXHAUST MANIFOLDS, Auto- logic chip buy [email protected] JD's, Ngk or denso plugs and 14 pounds of boost . I have dyno sheets , to lazy to learn how to post pictures or graphs.
I'd say with your setup and 490/510 your setup is tunned good..
Everything is working...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Envy what has your car been in the 1/8 both mph and et wise? I ran right at 94 last night but could not hook in 2nd to gain any momentum, the track was hooking well off the line but on a 2nd gear powershift I had to pedal the car quite a bit, are you able to powershift your car and keep traction in 2nd. I feel with some better track conditions I could have a couple more mph! By the way I ran a 7.97 with a 2.02 60 footer and in and out of it through second!

·
Registered
652 Posts
trey193 said:
Envy what has your car been in the 1/8 both mph and et wise? I ran right at 94 last night but could not hook in 2nd to gain any momentum, the track was hooking well off the line but on a 2nd gear powershift I had to pedal the car quite a bit, are you able to powershift your car and keep traction in 2nd. I feel with some better track conditions I could have a couple more mph! By the way I ran a 7.97 with a 2.02 60 footer and in and out of it through second!
Nice 1/8 mile times for the mods done.
What kind of mph are you running in the 1/4...about 120 or so? Have you taken the car to the dyno yet?

Later

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pwr

trey193 , I never pwr shit with the drag radials or I will go off the road or track. I shit as fast as I can 1st to 2nd and I pwr shit 3rd and 4th when the traction is there. I haven't been to the track in 6 months. Me and my wife have a new baby boy and that takes up my time, but I still have time for tha net. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Which T-body/ Intake is it Billetflow or the other.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
TT 6speed I havent been to the 1/4 with my new mods yet, this was an 1/8 only track, I wish I would have just speed shifted 2nd now instead of powershifting it, I am sure I would have been better off, a buddy of mine was running his 03 as well, same mods as me but he runs the 2.80 instead of the 2.93, his first pass his mph was 91 spinning badly in and out of it, his 2nd pass he went 95 with better traction throughout the run, so I feel confident my car has more in it with better conditions!

·
Registered
88 Posts
504/533 in March about 50 degrees.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
shweegy03snake did you get any gain from the shorty header's. Do you recommand them and were they hard to install, also do you run a lower pulley.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Envy did you ever get your plugs installed, I remember reading where you said you would make 500 500 with the new plugs, which ones did you go with and what kind of plugs were you replacing (stockers)? Trey

1 - 20 of 32 Posts