Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing an MGW shifter this weekend, and was thinking about doing motor mounts as well if they arent too much of a task. What exactly involved in this install? I haven't really inspected to see what needs to come off in order to get to them...anyone done them that would like to share?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I Installed The Prothane Bullets And It Was Extremely Easy .. A Little Jack And A Small 2x4 To Support The Motor.. Took An Hour ...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Do you get any engine vibration/harmonics with the Prothane mounts??

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
No. I have Prothanes too and the only thing I noticed different is when the starter engages you can hear it a bit more and kind of feel it too. You won't notice a difference while driving.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm thinking about installing mounts. I have an auto, and with my tune at WOT the shift is hard enough that the 2-3 shift you can feel the drivetrain jump out the car

·
Registered
190 Posts
no. I Have Prothanes Too And The Only Thing I Noticed Different Is When The Starter Engages You Can Hear It A Bit More And Kind Of Feel It Too. You Won't Notice A Difference While Driving.
This And When You Rev The Car It Move A Lil More But Thats About All I Noticed .. I Dont Get Shifter Bind Anymore Either ..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
took me about two hours--- make sure you change the xmission mount also--- i used steeda mounts---- at first you will "feel" the starter at initial start up--- no vibrations felt.

·
05 BOSS 302
3,947 Posts
Where did you find a trannsmission mount?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Does Steeda make the automatic trans mount also?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I meant Prpothane. I just looked on their website. NO mention of any tranny mounts for S197(05-09) Mustang. JUST motor mounts??:dunno2:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
JEGS is listing a steeda transmission mount kit for 05-09 mustangs part # 957-555-4018 for around $180.00, but they do not give info on line, guess they want you to call.
downs ford did mine

·
Registered
454 Posts
That's od....i figured Prothane made tranny mounts also?? Guess that's what i get for thinking again...huh?:dumb: haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts