Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The store is actually called Parts Mart but they specialize in Motorcraft, ACDelco, and Bosch. They have been open to the public for only a couple years. They used to mainly be the supply warehouse for Ford dealers but for some reason went public. I walked in expecting aisles of parts and instead just found a counter with 1 guy running their computer inventory. Door opened to the back and they have about a 30,000 sq foot warehouse full of stuff. I asked about oil, plugs, filters, steering racks, etc. They have it all or can order it with next day delivery, no freight charge.

They do deliver to local shops but you have to have a Corporate Billing Account setup with them, otherwise you just drive up with a part # and they load it up for you.

The best part about this place is they supply the Ford dealers and the Ford dealers supply them. So whatever they cant get, they can get from a local dealer. I needed a speedometer gear for my Dana 20 in the Bronco. No local dealers carried it. Called Parts Mart and they said Sanderson Ford in Phoenix has it, they do daily deliveries to Parts Mart so call them up and pay for it and I can pick it up here in the morning. Called Sanderson and they had 7 in stock, $4 each. Paid for it and received a call from Parts Mart at 8am this morning stating my order was in. Tousley wanted $2 but another $5 to ship. Parts Mart nor Sanderson charges freight since they make daily deliveries anyways. Im stoked about this place

Heading down there in a couple hours. Going to check on pricing for alternators, brake rotors, steering racks, and pick up some oil and a filter. Let me know if theres anything else worth checking on

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back. What a great shop to have in town.

Picked up 7 qts of 5/20 synthetic Motorcraft oil and 2 FL820S fliters. Price was about the same as Walmart or other local stores.

He needed my VIN to look up parts rather than part #s. After giving him my VIN it came up with a cheat sheet on my car which included part #s, my build date and all sorts of technical info on my car which he printed out for me.

I had him look up the Steering Rack. He didnt have any in stock but could get them shipped from Phoenix or California in a day or two. The part # he pulls up is STG85RM. In the description it said "remanufactured SPR-ZM." $300 plus $150 core charge.

He cannot get the 10346 Alternator (GL616 part # in his comp), he said no one has that anymore. He had the 10v436(GLV8616RM) in stock and it was $206.76

If anyone has a VIN # for a Cobra R post it up and Ill see if he can get a rack from that.

Asked about Brembo rotors, cant get those. He probably thought they were aftermarket though. Im sure Sanderson has them, as does Tire Rack and Import Replacement Parts.

· Registered
4,524 Posts
I wish we had one around here...

New steering racks were snapped up by every other guy with a 79-02 Mustang and were all gone within about a year. All that's left is re-mans and you have to know all the details on the numbers cast into the rack body to make sure you are actually getting an 03 Cobra reman rack. Chances are very high you'll get a rebuilt GT rack instead. There's a thread on cc.com that has all the details if you are really looking for the rack.

Should have had him cross the alternator to a V6 model to see if we can use those- supposedly they are the same part.

As for the Brembo rotors- anything you'll get from them aftermarket isn't going to be any better than the professional grade stuff from Raybestos, Centrix, etc. You'll get a lifetime warranty so it'll be the last set of rotors you'll buy, plus both offer nice coated versions that will not rust. Brembo rotors are overrated.

· Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a thread on cc.com that has all the details if you are really looking for the rack.
I had to replace mine back in 09, luckily the dealer had the 03 specific one. $250 + 150 core so I lucked out but ever since then you cant find them anywhere.

Did motorcraft make the Cobra R rack?

Should have had him cross the alternator to a V6 model to see if we can use those- supposedly they are the same part.
Interesting, Ill check

See if he has any factory lower pulley/cage assemblies.
Good call, Ill check on Monday

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.