Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Adapters all worked great. I ohmed them out before installing and they all tested fine. Injector spacers installed fine but I did have to slightly slot the mounting holes in my rails. Not sure if it was the injector or spacer but the rail was sitting about 3/16" to high to bolt up. I had trouble dialing in the idle until I realized I had inverted the small pulse width table. Got that straightened out and everything started falling into place

·
Registered
61 Posts
No final numbers yet but my 3.4 crusher car made 701/629 on conservative timing and 93. Apparently getting some interference in the TPS wire. Tuner is putting in a shielded wire and then on to E85 and some more timing. 750 seems like a good # for 19lbs of boost.

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,526 Posts
The E85 will help primarily in the detonation resistance camp but also you will pick up a fair amount of additional charge cooling attributable to the ethanol. All in all, I would not be surprised to see you land, fairly easily, in the 750HP space, power wise.

Remember the additional octane available in the Ethanol will allow more timing. Don't get too enthusiastic though, because you can still detonate ethanol. If you stay at 25˚ and below you should be OK. As you sneak up on max timing don't forget to keep an eye on torque. When you start to see diminishing returns for additional timing you are at a good place to stop.

Nice job, Kyle.

Ed

·
Registered
61 Posts
After 2 years its nice to be in the car again for sure. Its like stepping on a bomb with the instant torque. I appear to have some teething issues for sure though. A small amount of speedo bounce that others have seen as well as some difficulty connecting to the bluetooth dongle. Both are easy fixes at least. Some more boost will be in its future soon enough. The MS3 is so full of features it will no doubt take a while to get acclimated to them all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Use to be on here as doubleblack since I owned the car new and would chat w/ all the old school guys like Eschlader (Ed) and Broke7 (now Nojokex Allen on IG). On order too, excited to be in the club!! Plan is to run it first w the current old school original setup 2.3 whip, 60’s and stock pumps, BAP so I can just drop in and start playing and learning. Then drop in the new fuel system and retoon and play around then 3.0 whipple and tune w MS3pro ultimately. I really hope I like the speed density cuz I’m most excited about it use to tune my old turbo civic that way as a youth lol . Follow me on IG as doubleblack2.0 and I’ll get a YouTube going to if my smart kids help me lol, I’m 50 next year and already consider my self behind in tech my kids talk a different language and will also teach them some wrenching skills so they are well rounded. My build is dedicated to my wife who’s in the hospital w CV and got it real bad been in the hospital ICU since begining of December and finally got out to the next level down care on 1/1/22 to start the new year yeah. Anyhow check out my IG as I am dedicating my cobra build to her naming it #ProjectLife2.0 and in doing so making memories w my 2 boys 18 & 15 and finally giving back to the terminator community since I learned so much in this very place from stand up guys I mentioned above. The plan is to show you my experience w MS3pro thru the build. Oh and plz drop a prayer for my wife to get 1000% recovered

God Bless!
Ed

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,526 Posts
Welcome back, Ed. Truly sorry to hear about the wife but at the same time good to also hear she is out of IC and sounds like she has turned the corner and begun the journey back to normalcy. In addition to instagram don't forget to share some of your build and track story on MF.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Welcome back!
Prayers for your wife for sure!
I’m with Eschaider as well. I don’t have an IG or FB account so if you could also share your build and MS3 journey on here too it would be greatly appreciated. I plan to do the same as soon as I can find the time to get back to doing more for my Cobra than just buy parts and stack them up along a wall. Although I do get a smile every time I walk into that room and see the 3.0 Whipple sitting there like a trophy on a desk with the MS3 Pro box right beside it :)

Thanks
Ken

21 - 27 of 27 Posts