Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
had this problem on my gt didn't even end up hooking it up because now im debating putting it on my mach 1. the later model gts i believe past 01 and a half have the clutch swith to only have voltage in the start position of the key. even my shopkey told me i had the earlier style which would work in run also but that turned out to not be the case. so in all reality you should be able to use the ground activation wire and run it to the voltage side (fuse side if you will) of the clutch switch, that way when you press the clutch in it will supply a ground even after start up. took me a bout a day to work that out in my head.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had this problem on my gt didn't even end up hooking it up because now im debating putting it on my mach 1. the later model gts i believe past 01 and a half have the clutch swith to only have voltage in the start position of the key. even my shopkey told me i had the earlier style which would work in run also but that turned out to not be the case. so in all reality you should be able to use the ground activation wire and run it to the voltage side (fuse side if you will) of the clutch switch, that way when you press the clutch in it will supply a ground even after start up. took me a bout a day to work that out in my head.
we got it worked out last night man. although in the manual it says white with blue tracer is the wire to use there is no voltage on the clutch pedal as you stated. If you used the solid blue wire with your clutch safety switch it works like a charm. Man those things are pretty cool. We need to find a switch that keeps nitrous from spraying until the wheels are spinning though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought this kit also. But what in the world is that strange little blue device they give you? Is that the clutch switch? How does it work?
Little blue device? never got that, post some pics. I got the box itself with 3 pigtail leads. If you need some help with the install pm me and ill give you my number and ill help ya through it.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
I'll get a photo today. It's a plastic thing with plastic caps on either end, and some kind of metal rod with a pointy tip going thru its core. I'm stumped. And there's nothing on the instruction sheet about it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Didn't get that in my kit....little tool to adjust the little dials?...:shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.