Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys with msd launcher and a 5spd. Is there something i can do besides running off the clutch pedal? Maybe a line lock but im not sure how that would work? What will happen if you bottom the clutch out while racing?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Before I decided to go auto, I spent alot of time making sure that once I launched the car the launch rpm wouldn't come back on if I did slam it to the floor (b/c I do).

MSD makes a relay (that I still have) for the purpose of running a l/l and the launch module.

I also have a book MSD puts out that explains how to wire it so with the relay once the launch RPM is met the second phase of the module takes over and the launch rpm won't come back on.

Hope this helps, so it can be done

·
Registered
492 Posts
and as far as a line lock goes it would be good for burn out and thats about it on a manual

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before I decided to go auto, I spent alot of time making sure that once I launched the car the launch rpm wouldn't come back on if I did slam it to the floor (b/c I do).

MSD makes a relay (that I still have) for the purpose of running a l/l and the launch module.

I also have a book MSD puts out that explains how to wire it so with the relay once the launch RPM is met the second phase of the module takes over and the launch rpm won't come back on.

Hope this helps, so it can be done
So i should call msd and ask for this relay so the launch rpm won't come back on?
And thanks for the help, Jim

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I am not gonna use the relay or book anymore so if you want it it's yours.

Let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts