Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
01 Mustang 3.8L V6 Base
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum but I've been searching for some information on how to modify the original mustang clutch cable for a firewall adjuster. I just did a clutch kit replacement on my 01 mustang and when I went to attach the clutch cable to the clutch fork there was quite a bit of play in the cable and no way to adjust it. I decided to get a BBk adjustable clutch cable kit and installed it but I really don't like the way it feels. I had came across some you tube videos and also a couple threads on here that mentioned modifying the OEM cable for the fire wall adjuster but no details on what exactly needs to be done to accomplish that. Can some one please give me some insight on how to proceed or any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Do you have a firewall adjuster? If you got one it should have instructions for what needs to be removed.

If you still have the stock quadrant you don't need a firewall adjuster. Hook the cable up then push on the clutch pedal a few times. It should take up the slack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.