Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link:

MRT Stainless Steel H-Pipe.

Has anyone purchased and installed this new H-Pipe?
Is it a quality piece? Any problems with it?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have one on order. Since my car is to be 100% street use, and I'm keeping stock catback to keep it quiet, it should work and sound well with chambered mufflers. Max HP is not my goal, I just wanted a little more sound, and if I pick up some low RPM TQ with my stock gears, that's fine.

If I were after max power, and noise didn't matter, would do LT's to OR X or H to 2 1/2" catback, or most likely Basani all the way from mid length headers all the way back.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
dp.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ralph Greene said:
I have one on order.
How long is the expected wait time from time of order to delivery?
I had heard that MRT was re-designing/refining the H-pipe design for better fit, especially on the '99 - '03 4V engines (which includes our Mach's obviously.)

Ralph Greene said:
Since my car is to be 100% street use, and I'm keeping stock catback to keep it quiet, it should work and sound well with chambered mufflers. Max HP is not my goal, I just wanted a little more sound, and if I pick up some low RPM TQ with my stock gears, that's fine.
I've got the same thought(s), even though my Mach will see some track use occassionally.
When I had a Magnaflow Catted X-pipe on my Cobra, it definately picked-up mid-high rpm rwhp, but the rwtq gains were minimal (if any.)
I may have even lost a little low-end/mid-range rwtq, which is something that I don't want to give-up this time around (torque is FUN! :D )

Ralph Greene said:

If I were after max power, and noise didn't matter, would do LT's to OR X or H to 2 1/2" catback, or most likely Basani all the way from mid length headers all the way back.
Same here.
I currently need traction improvements more than I need hp/tq improvements though (I never thought I'd say that while owning a 4V!), so that's where I'm going to spend my (limited) funds in the near future... ;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Having been down this Modding road before (like many of you), I am making a huge distinction in how you set up a car for street use VS how you set one up for strip use.

I'm not much interested in owning a race car (anymore) for 100% street use. If I wanted a race car, I would just have Lamotta gut out and build one from an older car.

As usual MHO

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ralph Greene said:
I have one on order.
How long is the expected wait time from time of order to delivery?
I had heard that MRT was re-designing/refining the H-pipe design for better fit, especially on the '99 - '03 4V engines (which includes our Mach's obviously.)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm hoping less than a month, hopefully 2-3 weeks.

My understanding the slight redesign is not just to fit Cobra's etc, but to be a better H.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Several complaints have already been posted about this piece...fitment issues, leaks, and the fact that it is not a one piece welded unit but has to be bolted together on receipt...

The users complaining are all waiting for replacements...the H-pipe and other MRT items are on backorder...

I will say that their customer service has been good as far as my personal experience has been concerned...

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Ralph. Let me know if your happy with the H pipe..I also prefer an H to an X pipe mainly for sound...
thank's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts