Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off let me say howdy....this is a great site...especially for 03's...wish i had found it sooner....a lot sooner.... i promise to be a good little boy and not ask too many stupid questions, but in the interest of anger management i'm writing this brief story. and it's late so without further delay here's the epic i think i'll just call

My Little Angel: that F'ing %$$%^# Piece of Sh1t

Well. it all started way back when, in the year 02...dateline February something....deposit made on my little angel....ah, i remember it now, so happy at my good fortune of being like the 2nd in line for delivery here...the drool dripped all summer in eager anticipation....trading in my slow ass 98 GT....she was a good car...ran her hard for 70k....Yes, i've always bled blue since i was a kid....36 now....well (oops hold on gotta take my pain pills) i took delivery in August or something....i guess it was probably a bad sign that night at the dealer when much to my surprise i was told MLA had been damaged by Delbert the Dumbass when he ripped the front end up driving it off the hauler into the incline where he parked....hell no big deal.....they'd fix it and the next few days were, as it turns out, a special time for MLA...her and the dealer, hell i think they bonded...special quality time together a few kisses and hugs...then i went to really really take delivery...damn this little bitch will run i thought to myself with a big ol' grin as i hauled ass around the area surrounding the dealer while my sales guy finished some paperwork...meanwhile darkness set in and i'm ready to go drive MLA....get back in to take off and discover the lumo gauges don't lumo....so i take off with dark dash for a date with the service dept (SD)in the morning...drop off and take off in loaner taurus...SD notifies entire gauge cluster bad, gotta order new...be just a day or 2....10-4 good buddy, so i just dogged the hell out of taurus for 2 days and go get MLA....lo and behold there's a big ass scratch in the clear plastic cover...SD orders new, be a few days...blah blah...sorry SD but i'm not gonna stare through the scratch everytime i look at my 2 day old tach....haul ass in MLA after notifying SD that MLA is pulling hard to the right, even on the left crown of road as i had driven on the wrong side at every opportunity to be sure of things...SD says give it 1000k those are stiff springs, but you go ahead and waste some more of your time shuttling back over here in a few days and we'll get Clumsytech's big honkin' ass scratch fixed...glad i've got some other cars to drive i think to myself as i lay a sweet patch of smoke that blankets half the dealership...this it turns out was my 1st of many anger management sessions tucked neatly in between those pampering break in miles...damn this little bitch will run..............TO BE CONTINUED.....part 2 of this epic will appear shortly....you won't want to miss it as SD and MLA fall madly in love and i meet the HOTTEST Accessories Mgr ....Please feel free to comment on part 1 and once again Howdy to the board

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Hoo boy I can't wait...how come I've got a feeling that MLA is going to be involved in more heartbreak:(

Last Sept. I drove my 03 off the dealer premises, and it hasn't been back since.

Welcome to the home of the Terminators!

Bill

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah, you think you got problems now,.... This story is going to get very interesting with the a "hottie" involved in your life! :cool:

Good luck and welcome to the board.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like you got a good one.

When was your 03 delivered and what is the last 5 digits of your VIN? Where have you been posting before now? I put a deposit on mine in Feb. 02 and picked it up June 10. I have been on 03 message boards since Feb of last year.

Most early delivered 03's had damage to the rubber strip. The carrier was not designed for the lower ground effects. A lot of people have some damage to the rubber and don't even know it.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Bienvenito,,,,Welcome

G

·
welcome aboard!! My 03 Cobra has been no where near a dealership since she left back in Oct. And never will be....even if something goes wrong...I will fix it myself..I just dont trust them anyway.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and nitrous)

·
Registered
191 Posts
when i picked up my cobra the lumo was fried too
took it back and the swapped the switched, still no good
took it back again and they put in a 01 cobra guage with no boost (getting pissed)
took it back again and now the right cluster is in and lights up, too bad the boost guage is doa.
took it bakc a last time and they finally fixed it.

this is galpin ford btw in southern cali

1 - 7 of 7 Posts