Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video of my 03 going down the 1/4. Not that fast..but the track was slippery as Jimmy V with attest to. If the track alllowed me to powershift things would have been alot better too. But thats racing.....the modified ricer (eclipse) I am against hit me with a .362 redlight. I guess he probably thought he had to cheat to beat an 03 Cobra...well....he was right on one thing...he had to cheat....but he still got his ass handed to him ;)

The power of these Cobra's is amazing....
I turned a 12.14 at almost 115 mph...I know thats low for my mods...but the track did not allow me to go for it either....in time gang...in time.....of course this is good for me in the street racing scene if I ever get out there :D I dont want the world knowing how fast the car is .....

http://www.modularfords.com/storage/hotrodharry.mpg

I am hoping this thread stays here..its kind of technical since the time slip is up and people can see how these cars run through the 1/4.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
A Special thanks goes out to Marlon(not sure how to spell it) for taking movies of my car with my camera and for calming me down before the run. Your the best man!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Harry, that was great bro!..thx for sharing. Now that the butterflies r out of your stomach u can relax and really show what your car can do next time. Your ride looked sweet going down the 1/4. 12.1 effortlessly :banggears The DSM cheating was funny..awd and he still tried to cheat..go figure. Keep it rolling bro.

Hot Rod(i won't say anything in italian to u this time)Harry

·
Registered
117 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong Harry, but did u hold the RPMs up at all at the line? It didn't seem like u did from the sound.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot Franco! It was fun.....especially beating that DSM racer....

You are correct in that you noticed me not quite ringing her out....I was just after getting down the track clean without much wheel spin. I think I crossed the line at something like 5200 rpms. The next run I went out harder and spun spun spun. Then my gas pedal broke on that run too......too funny. I have a vid of that too. But didnt want to waste Eric's webspace on that.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thx Harry..i wanted to make sure my hearing wasn't leaving me yet. As for the gas pedal..i remember reading quite a few stories last year on SVTP about ppl breaking it running down the track.. Gotta love Ford parts eh? ;)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Harry, We both did good..Not easy raceing traction limited..I have no doubt you will run atleast low 11's when you get traction..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jimmy...and thanks for telling me to take it easy on the first run....I am glad I listened. Cause the second run was a total waste. It was great seeing you there...wish we could have hung out some more....some day soon I am sure.

Harry

·
Registered
277 Posts
Damn, you can see yourself get thrown back into the seat when you shift into 2nd. :jawdrop Haven't been here in some time. Hotrod, do you have the KB blower, I didn't notice the whine that why I'm asking?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No KB (just that little old Eaton...the whine is there in the beginning...after that you just hear exhaust.

LOL...I watched the tape again and notice me getting thrown back in second also...too funny!

Once I get a good day and good track we will see if I can get her to the track again. It was nice running at the track again in a stick car. I missed it.....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My first try at mpg on the web

Well, I got some extra space from aol to put an mpg up of my car showing what fast is, compared to the Ricer World.
This clip is also on my webpage under my 2003 Cobra area.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hotrodharry/HotRodHarrysCobraImport.mpg

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and nitrous)

EDIT....I PUT THAT VIDEO IN A NEW AREA THAT HOPFULLY WILL NOT STOP WORKING BECAUSE OF TOO MUCH TRAFFIC FOR A DAY.
SO THAT LINK ABOVE NOW SHOULD WORK

either click on the link or right click and hit "save target as" and save the file to your hard drive.

even with a little burn out and Drag Nitto's ....E town just couldnt take the power of our awesome Cobra's that night. Was fun wasting that ricer though...and atleast he didnt redlight

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra (20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those are some sweet videos :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Harry,
What exhaust do you have on there again?

It sounds sweet and looks good to beat the DSM... if you listen to the shifts i think my grandpa shifts quicker... haha just messing around i know you dont want to break the 12sec barrier...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts