Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would drop some pics of my project as it is coming together. It's a 91' coupe with a mod swap 03 swap crate motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Look at that blower sticking out above the fender!!:king
I have a cervini 2.5" cowl hood that clears it nicey!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everett,

Kick ass car!! Seeing yours made me register on the site. I'm about to jump into the same swap with my 91. If you could help me out and shoot me some info on things you've found out (tricks, hints, etc.) I'd really appreciate it. Also, are you using the T-56 or another trans? My email is [email protected]. I know time is short for everyone these days, so if you can't get to it thats cool.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Robert

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spritle said:
Everett,

Kick ass car!! Seeing yours made me register on the site. I'm about to jump into the same swap with my 91. If you could help me out and shoot me some info on things you've found out (tricks, hints, etc.) I'd really appreciate it. Also, are you using the T-56 or another trans? My email is [email protected]. I know time is short for everyone these days, so if you can't get to it thats cool.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Robert
Robert,
Welcome to the site! I'm glad you found ModularFords & I'm also honored my project got you to join. This site has a wealth of information. I'll send you some info I have found so far with the swap but to date it has been very straight forward. AJE tubular K-member for 4.6L swap with motor mount holes 1" forward and everything fits like a glove. I am going to run the hydroboost set-up along with AC, so it should be an excellent driving car. Suspension & brakes are finally complete and that seems to take the longest since I switched to a Moser 9" rear and had to deal with plenty of suspension nightmares. I'm also running the the 03 cobra radiator, condensor, fuel tank & computer. I just wish I had more time to work on it!! :king

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric Brooks said:
Thats going to be such an awesome car when you finish. Are those 03 Cobra wheels as well? Looks that way, if so can you post a side view of the car?
Hey Eric! You got the rims correct, I went with the 03 wheels. They look sick on the fox body!! These pics may not give them justice, but I will take better pics after I push the car out of the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hey Everret,
Nice conversion!
Have you got any other pics like of the harness,EEC etc?
What catch code is the EEC?
I want to use the same engine in an Aussie falcon so any info that you can provide would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EECIV351C,
I'll try to post the information tomorrow. I do not however have pics of the harness / EEC, but they look like any other harness/EEC. I'll post the part numbers tomorrow.

Eric,
Thanks man! It's starting to look like a stang again!
:blob

·
Registered
100 Posts
It is stock .. I have a Lightning pulley for it. I've got Kooks headers also....I just want to get the terd running... hehe. Goal is the end of OCT. Yes in 03!:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EECIV351C said:
Everett,

What did you do with regards to PATS?

Cheers,
Pete.
Pete,
PATS I'm disabling via a chip. I still owe you that information from before, I'll try to post by the weekend; unexpected traveling for work! The harness I believe is 12A581, but let me confirm that.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yo PK! Your cobra is looking sweet!! I cruise your site & have been watching your progress. Actually,I used to run a Paxton Novi2k 331ci dinosour pushrod & was in the process of building a built proof 331 for a turbo when I sumbled upon your site and got my first glimse of a 4v motor in a fox. As you can see, it's been all down hill from their!! I got my motor as a crate engine & have been getting excellent support from Classic Design Concepts (where I purchased the motor) for all the parts I have needed. I'm going to retain the hydroboost, AC, 03 tank & pumps to keep the 03 EEC. I want streetablility (something I haven't had in years!) and the power as well. BTW, the KB is ordered!!! I can't wait to see it! About your headers, are these the headers from kooks for the 03 (or with the 03 flange?) How is the ground clearance? I have spoke with Nick from Kooks & since they are about 1.5 hours away I'm going to be taking my car up and have them fit the headers so we can see if they will work prior to purchase. I also considered have them make / adapt a mid-length header so I have ground clearance. One more question. Since you moved your motor mount holes foward 1", I had AJE do that when I purchased the k-member, how close is the back side of your oil pan to the k-member cross bar (left to right bar)?? I can see light, but I'm concerned. Up & Down clearance seems adequate, but for the forward & back clearance I may need to 'adjust'. Good luck with your project!:king

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've got the 03 Cobra Kooks headers from UPR. The only problem I had is that the collectors hit the trans mount. We had to modify it and make a new tranny mount. I'll be putting my front runners on this weekend and the car on the ground. So I can take pics after I adjust the coilovers all up. I am shooting for the end of the month to get it running. Moving the motor foreward 1" allowed for more room for the headers in the steering rag joint. I can take some pics of it for you.

BEFORE

·
Registered
130 Posts
Everett said:
Pete,
PATS I'm disabling via a chip. I still owe you that information from before, I'll try to post by the weekend; unexpected traveling for work! The harness I believe is 12A581, but let me confirm that.
Thanks Everett,

That's ok, when your ready.
BTW are these front or rear sump engines?
Aussie Falcons are all front sump.

Pete.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Everett,
Do you have some kind of lift at your house (looking at one of the pics)? If so, are you glad you got it? (i.e.-worth the investment) :D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts