3,323 Posts
Dats Nice one of a kind.

Is that Black or Dark Shadow Grey??

looks awesome.

jim v.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys....Doug did an awesome job. And Pete has plenty of those Throttlebodies to go around too.
The TB is black...I didnt want too much flash under the hood...a dark shadow grey wouldnt look much different than the stock inlet color...really not a good thing in that engine compartment. So black it is....the custom etching by Doug stands out real good on there and so do the accessories that are bolted onto the TB. But the guys that want somemore flash under the hood..the blue TB's and red TB's sure do jump out! And the standard clear finish is sweet too.

Now if only southern California weather would be here in Jersey, Life would be good!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Harry that thing looks awesome. Is this a special favor for HRH or can anyone request a custom etching?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks 03snake.....not only do these TB's produce the best power/torque out of the others...but they are one of the sweetest looking too.

Just shoot Pete an email and ask him to see what Doug says.

Here is his email

[email protected]

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thanks Harry, appreciate it......BO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your welcome buddy. I cant wait to feel for myself the power this will make on my car with all the mods I have. It should help alot. That is one area that needed attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as I know....there are 2 here from Hawaii. If someone out there buys a Billetflow setup...maybe they should have palm trees etched in the TB's, or some tropical colors....or stamp Hawaii 4.6 on it(instead of Hawaii 5 0) ;) A nice hula girl would be sweet too....

Hey...I guess some magazine has done that title for a 5.0 stang from Hawaii I am sure...catchy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was wondering how many 03 Cobra's are in Hawaii, as in, how many 03 Cobra's were shipped there.

Might be able to save some cash if we send out more then 1 at a time ;)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Your welcome buddy. I cant wait to feel for myself the power this will make on my car with all the mods I have. It should help alot. That is one area that needed attention.
Doug does beautiful work, very nice engraving on top of a finely manufactured product... BUT, I don't think you're going to find any real gains Harry, at least not on a dyno. My prediction: 2hp and 10lb/ft throughout.. divide by tq/$ or hp/$ and its pretty darn high. If I did it again I'd spend the $ elsewhere. I know Jim V says it cools the intake charge, if that is the case then someone needs to test a tuned stock setup versus a tuned BilletFlow setup at the track and prove the value. I still don't see it.. but again its beautiful eye candy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow.....that sure is going to be some horspower....I cant wait to feel the seat of the pants feeling!!! 2 whole hp!!! :D

I feel it will give alot more than that....especially with my mods the way they are. And remember....most dyno tests for max hp are in a 4th gear pull from about 3k up..... I think with my setup and the Billetflow setup I got from Nitrous Pete will do pretty darn good when going through all the gears. I think if one opens the exhaust the way alot of us has this TB with Manifold will work awesome.....of course the Tuner has to know what he is doing with a Diablosport chip too, to take advantage of it. But I am not worried about that with Pete on my side :cool:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:

I feel it will give alot more than that....especially with my mods the way they are.

...of course the Tuner has to know what he is doing :cool:
I was in the same boat on your first point.. I was wrong.

I had Chris Johnson of www.jmschip.com personally tune my car to realize those massive gains (tongue in cheek) so I'll be patiently awaiting your results. If you have the opportunity it would be ideal to only show before/after results of a fully tuned/modded car before the TB/Inlet and after TB/Inlet WITH a new tune to optimize for that mod. Not dissin anybody, the parts are top notch quality but they don't produce the goods..

·
Registered
661 Posts
Harry , you will probally see 8-10hp, only because of your mods,
Other wise you would get 18- 20hp this is average.
Ley my know I will dyno it for you , 2hp look out lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Every 8 to 10 hp helps in that quest for the ultimate in Horsepower!!! :D Hey Pete....does a setup like the Billet one, help when using nitrous, better than the stock setup?....just wondering.

·
Registered
27 Posts
T/B value question ??

Opinions please, good bad or otherwise?

I'm not in the same league as you guys for mods or Hp & Tq,
but in your opinion do you see it to be worth the $$$ to add the Billetflow to my car at this stage, with the following mods:

Denscharger
Bassani Cat-Back
3.10 pulley
A/R Diablo chip.

Bassani catted X-pipe(next week)

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks
Brett

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brett...from what I have seen its a good bet to get the whole setup. In your case you'll see in the neighborhood of 15-20 hp on a dyno..not sure of the torque number....but I think at the track you will see the most out of it. And of course a duel on the street too. Its hard to see how much a part is really making on a dyno for all around hp/torque improvement. Dyno's just let us know if it helps or doesnt. Then the proof is out in the real world.

·
Registered
521 Posts
BilletFlow said:
How many 03 Cobra's are there in Hawaii ?
Doug, I know of 5, I see 3 of the guys on a regular basis, we mod together.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts