Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this birthday present for myself. Its not hooked up yet, because I need a transmission.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice! What kind of setup are you planning on running? Goals you're trying to attain with that?

:D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Presents to yourself are always the best. Atleast you know you will like them,lol. Good luck on the kit. Welcome to the site.

Brandon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its an old kit for a 5.0 but can be easily modded for the cobra. I'm not really a track person. I go there after I do something to see how it helps (although I"m a horrible driver). Most of my racing is done out on the street.

Back around january, I had my cobra up on the dyno and it was running PIGG rich!!! like 10.x for most of the rpm band....I had bad plugs at the time (but didn't know it) and only made 227RWHP on a MUSTANG dyno. THat equates to about 262rwhp on a dynojet. seemed a little low to me, none the less.

So - the plans for the kit...start out with a 90 shot (yeah, weird...) then if my a/f looks good, go to a 125 and if it still looks good, I'll stick with the 125. Then I'll just hose it for a while until I rebuild it with forged internals. I'll probably leave the compression the same. THen, I'll upgrade the fuel system and spray a 150-200 shot and will hopefully have enough money for some boost ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts