Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that don't know, my car had the front end smashed in by a body shop manager when they were supposed to only fix a half inch scratch... below is the link to the story...

http://www.mustangsvtcobra.com/geossvt/bodyshop/index.htm

Well, my car has been in the shop since last Wednesday for vibe, pop, and TOB. The car was supposed to be done today, so I get a call about a half hour ago from my sevice advisor. He states that they did this, that and the other and fixed the car. He the continues to explain to me that when the tech was backing my car off the lift, he opens the door slightly to look out and make sure he is following the ramp down straigt... and then SMACK... the door hits the stands that hold the lift up :damnit ... he says that it is only a small hit. I then proceed to tell him about what happened at the other Holman last year. I think that this car is jinxed and should never be taken to a dealership again. I told him that I want an SUV instead of the POS GrandAm I'm driving and he said that he will have one ready for me when I get there. I am so pissed that stuff keeps happening. I will see how small of a dent this really is.

On top of it all, I just picked up my 3" MAC from PJs and was going to put it on over the weekend...I guess it is going to have to wait until next Friday...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Topracer sounds like that dealership is the poltergeist of the SVT family. I'd seriously be lookin for another dealership even if it means driving a ways. I feel your pain these cars are our babies.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I'd take it to Downs ford in New Jersey

G

·
I agree with Jim.....go see Joe Amato and let him set you up with the shop. They will treat you and your car right. If you have to go to a dealer..that might as well be the one ....they do alot of SVT business. Very performance oriented dealership. So first talk with Joe in the Motorsports area and then hopfully he can put a good word in for you before you bring your car to the their shop.

Hot Rod(I tried to buy my 03 there...just didnt work out)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
630 Posts
Man, if that was a new car and they screwed it up that bad, I wouldn't have accepted it back. They would have to order me another, or swap for another new "not wrecked" Cobra. - John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts