Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the exhaust setup.

FRPP shorty headers -> on3 gen1 hotside -> 70mm turbo -> 3" downpipe to a single magnaflow turbo muffler, splits to dual 2.5" side pipes

It got better after I added the muffler and side pipes.

It sounds just like a tractor trailer when I decelerate in gear. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on what I can do? It's not the end of the world, but it sure sounds goofy.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,207 Posts
If I am thinking about what you are describing, it's kind of just part of it. I have an auto so it's much less pronounced than yours will be but mine could be considered to sound somewhat like a tractor I guess.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it has that sound during acceleration too but it's not as pronounced because you're only in that RPM range briefly as boost kicks in.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,207 Posts
Can you get a video of it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried to get a video but my cell phone cannot handle it. I will try recording with my laptop tonight.

·
Registered
234 Posts
its the on3 kit. The piping actually touch different parts of the body and transmission so the sound you are hearing is the vibration noise it creates. Mine does the exact same.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I made several clearance modifications on mine. I really don't think it's vibration. It's exhaust noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts