Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going dual FPDM / GT pump install is getting pretty popular lately, so I though I would showcase my results.

Here is how I ended up mounting the FPDMs and relay. I wanted to make the harness as compact as possible, plug-n-play as possible, and to not cut a single wire on the factory harness. The FPDMs are mounted using threaded rods and the relay is secured with a bolt to the FPDM bracket. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but I can get my hand between the top FPDM and fender, and get fingers between the FPDMs. Also, I reused the factory FPDM-to-pump wires to drive one pump, and the blue shroud has a pair of wires for the 2nd pump which is added to the factory FPDM plug.

Here, you can see that I traced the 2nd pair of wires along side the stock harness.

Under the car, I removed all the stock tape and plastic wrap so that I can add the wires within the factory wire wrap. The connector at the end is an MSD Deutch connector #8184. Very well built connector.

As with the other wires leading up to this point, I tried keeping it as factory looking as possible. Here, I was even able to reuse the factory wire wrap which is better than the typical split plastic stuff you normally see. Note the hat to stock fuel filter hose.

Unfortuantely, the hat to stock fuel filter hose I bought would not attach to the fuel filter. The IRS subframe was in the way. Rather than try to make it work, I went and reused the stock line. I removed the -8 fitting from the Fore hat, and installed a 5/16" hose - 3/8 NPT adapter. Then, I used a tube cutter to remove the hat side of the factory hose. Short piece of fuel injector line and a few clamps later, I have a new hat to filter line.

After all this work, the only sign that there is something added is the MSD connector mounted just under the factory plug. :grin:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Very nice! I enjoyed doing mine- but yours looks more professional.
thanks for the nice pics

1 - 2 of 2 Posts