Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from the dyno day at Gambardella Racing in Williamstown NJ

My #'s where
Run1: 198.9/269.8
Run2: 193.6/273.6
Run3:193.3/263.5

So close to hitting my target of 200 to the wheels.

Here's some of my mods
MAC CAI
MAC Catback
off road x pipe

227/310 at the crank.

no bad for a car w/ 87k and possibly a bad headgasget :D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not a bad et before the gears. If you want to take car of your head gasket problem, go with a PI head swap. If you don't do this right away, Steeda UD pulleys and a timing adjuster will help quite a bit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CR Motorsports said:
Not a bad et before the gears. If you want to take car of your head gasket problem, go with a PI head swap. If you don't do this right away, Steeda UD pulleys and a timing adjuster will help quite a bit.
i'm just gonna get a comlete PI motor since my motor has 87k miles on it now. I just gotta save up some money.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you'll actually get more hp outta the PI headswap....no reason why when you do the swap you couldn't take your shortblock down and freshen it up (new bearings, rings, seals, and stuff). I've had the heads off my car twice, once w/ the block in and once w/ it out. It's SO much easier to do the swap when the engine is out....and doesn't take anymore time to complete. Then you'll have the block right there, and it'll take a few hours to reassemble it.....I would, however, take it to a machine shop and have them clean up the rod/crank journals and a light cylinder hone so the rings seat correctly just for safe measure. So maybe add a couple of days to your time frame....but for a fresh longblock w/ alot more power than you had, its a good trade off.

Good Luck,

SJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts