Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Flowmaster cat back from Jegs. Well it showed up today. The quailty sucks. It looked like some one dragged the mufflers across the pavement for a while. Well I figured it was going under the car so what the hell. Well next the flanges that attach to the stock H pipe did not line up. I had to use my Dremel to make the holes wide enough to line up with the stock bolts. Ok so I get that done. Then once I had everything done I took of the wrapping of the tips. Well guess what the passenger side tip is smashed on the bottum. And not just a little bit.:mad: So I called jegs and told them of the crappy fit and the damaged tips. They wont replace it though as I cut new holes so the flanges will line up with the bolts. Ahhh I needed to vent. This sucks and the flowmasters cat back quaility sucks.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I'd call them back tomorrow, and don't mentioned the "massaging" you did.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Loosen the H-pipe studs to facilitate the installation...

I ordered from Brother's, last year, and the kit arrived with no problems. Bolted up without incident (I did use NAPA band clamps rather than the crappy U-clamps that came with the kit), tips line up perfectly and am delighted with the power (sig numbers are with a 9" Powerstack filter and Flowmaster 17248 catback)...

Sorry your experience was not as positive :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
My spintech kit fit perfectly. The mufflers come welded to the flow tubes already, but you have to weld the tail pipes on.

I should have ordered the street mufflers, oh well...
Eric, where'd you order your spintech kit from? I checked their website and I see nothing specific for the 03 cobra.

·
Registered
19 Posts
rb185afm said:
I had to use my Dremel to make the holes wide enough to line up with the stock bolts.
Dude, all you needed to do was loosen the studs, then they wobble around (thats why there is a nut on the inside). I have the flowmaster cat-back and for the price and sound you can't beat it, the performance isn't bad either, some guys over at svt performance went to the dyno and put down some good numbers with the flows. The ends must of been damaged in shipping. I would of checked those over that before I did anything. My system fit perfect no problems. I'm happy with the flows.

Just order some stainless tips and weld them on and be done with it.

good luck

·
Registered
300 Posts
I put my Flowmaster catback on today and it fit perfect and the quality was just fine. Not to mention the catback and x-pipe added 41HP and 36ftllbs of torque.

·
Registered
31 Posts
shouldve went wit borlas

·
Registered
31 Posts
:jawdrop what?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:jawdrop
borlas sound insane

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Re: My Flowmaster Cat Back sucks

OldSkoolMC said:
some guys over at svt performance went to the dyno and put down some good numbers with the flows.
I'm one of them :blob

Sig numbers are at 5,600 miles with a 9" powerstack and FLO17248...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Flowmaster troubles

I installed my Flowmasters last nite. If I had to lay on the cold cement floor I would have been REAL po'd. I'm lucky to have a lift.
The drivers side went on very quick and no problems. The passenger side was another story. The front section with the muffler would hit the Diff. vibration damper. The back section with the tailpipe lines up well and fits perfect. I called Flowmaster and they said to loosen everything including the stock H-pipe at the headers and adjust from there... no luck. The stock H-pipe is welded at the crossover and you can't get any movement out of it. I finally got my clearance with the universal wrench. A Sledge .
A few blows and I had my clearance...

Sounds good though

bill:hammer

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had on the Flowmaster CB American Thunder....I liked them allot!

By chance I came across a super deal on the Borla Stinger....I like it better than the Flows....it's just what I was looking for loud and good power. More noticeable than the Flows.

They're both cool sounding catbacks though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Magnaflow rep here-

I would call Flowmaster, not Jegs...and tell them what happened...then if they refuse to help you out...

threaten to post on every message board about their customer service and product....:hammer

Trust Me!! It will work.......

·
Registered
924 Posts
Flowmasters rule at the track just check out under most of the cars probably half of them got flowmasters on them. I personally do not have them . I have a Dr. Gas xpipe with dynomax bullets on order for my truck.

:blob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts