Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
My GT STINKS!!!!

UP THE GARAGE...
I know these braded lines and vented tank let Gas Smell seep out..
Is there anything i can do to help eliminate or reduce this...??

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yep !!! Same problem here...

Jimmy:

My garage smells like fuel all the time too... Kathy hates even going in there...

The only soliution would be to replace the braided lines with some teflon coated ones or maybe even the fire sleeved lines most pro racers use nowadays... Either way, it will set us back several hundred bucks to change them over to the non-smelly ones...:shocked

Take care,

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JC, I will do that over the winter..My problem is my Garage is under the house so GT is on the driveway..

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vortechcobra97 said:
Wondering how your GT STICKS up the garage? We in the wild west :D
The smell of fuel goes througout the House..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
The smell of fuel goes througout the House..
Mine did the same thing when I converted to the return system. It got damn nasty sometimes. My garage was on the other side of the utility room which had my HVAC and I was afraid one night while I would be asleep the flame from the gas heater would ignite the vapor.

Like xtremejc said, replacing the lines won't be cheap, but it will help.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the braided line also.I am looking into new fuel lines..Hopefully it will fix it..

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jimfitzgerald said:
Jim, did you get your new fuel lines? If so, what did you get and did it help? Thanks.
I left them alone.I sold the car .Just took a deposit today on it....The new owner can change the lines if he wants..
I was told by Jimmy C at Larocca that there are fuel lines available now to fix that problem..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
I left them alone.I sold the car .Just took a deposit today on it....The new owner can change the lines if he wants..
I was told by Jimmy C at Larocca that there are fuel lines available now to fix that problem..
:eek: :shocked

/me will miss that car Uncle Jimmy! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts