Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I sold my Lightning, and am planning to get a new GT500 but want to wait and see what the changes are in store for 2011. So I was just going to focus on finishing my 03 once and for all!

However 3 weeks I went to a motorcycle dealer to purchase a helmet for a good customer of mine who is overseas. Well if any of you have previously owned a bike you know it's an ADDICTION. I made the mistake of sitting on a GSXR 750, immediately I got hooked again. Well on impulse I was about to just buy the 750 but decided to hold off because there was one more bike I wanted to go check out. The Ducati 848!

So I roll up to my local Ducati Dealership sure enough they had a 848 and 1098 in stock. I worked out a killer deal on the 848.

I have ridden many bikes and this is by far one of the best I have ever ridden. It might not be the fastest but it's pure sex on wheels. Here is a crappy picture I took, and an official Ducati picture. Anyways just wanted to share my excitement with my Mod Fords buddies. :beerchug: I have been so busy these last 3 weeks but finally got to ride it a good bit today!

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Thats a damn nice bike!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, the bike that is $75k is the Desmosedici RR which is a race replica, beautiful bike. They only made 500 and the ones that came to the US sold in hours!! The Testastretta is the current engine on the 848, 1098 and new 1198.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I was gonna say the same thing as Eric!

Dont kill yourself, Derek! Sweet bike for sure man. Congrats!!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Well I sold my Lightning, and am planning to get a new GT500 but want to wait and see what the changes are in store for 2011. So I was just going to focus on finishing my 03 once and for all!

However 3 weeks I went to a motorcycle dealer to purchase a helmet for a good customer of mine who is overseas. Well if any of you have previously owned a bike you know it's an ADDICTION. I made the mistake of sitting on a GSXR 750, immediately I got hooked again. Well on impulse I was about to just buy the 750 but decided to hold off because there was one more bike I wanted to go check out. The Ducati 848!

So I roll up to my local Ducati Dealership sure enough they had a 848 and 1098 in stock. I worked out a killer deal on the 848.

I have ridden many bikes and this is by far one of the best I have ever ridden. It might not be the fastest but it's pure sex on wheels. Here is a crappy picture I took, and an official Ducati picture. Anyways just wanted to share my excitement with my Mod Fords buddies. :beerchug: I have been so busy these last 3 weeks but finally got to ride it a good bit today!

in the event of your untimely death on that there motorcycle, please be sure to amend your will to include mixedbreed02gt as the beneficiary recipient of the Shelby GT500 you are about to own. Thank you, that is all. :tip:

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't kill yourself.

Bring me that Cobra and leave a blank check. I'll make it fast for you.
Haha i'll be bringing her for tooning that fo sho.

I was gonna say the same thing as Eric!

Dont kill yourself, Derek! Sweet bike for sure man. Congrats!!
Thanks Vito, hope all is well with you.

sweet bike
Thank you

Hey derek is that a italian bike? lol forza!!!
You know it LOL

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sweet bike.

Any chance you'd share how much they'll knock off on one of those things? I've been kicking around a new bike and I think a Duc is the only way to go.

I LOOOVVEEEE the 1098, but I think it's more bike than I need.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I was able to get this one for $12,700 plus tax, tag and title.
That's a pretty sweet deal. :tip:

Since the 1198 (another 100 CC? Yikes...) is $16, 495, making is almost exactly 2500 more, getting another 1000 off is SWEET!

Damn, I love that bike. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.