Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kept readin that the 70mm TB doesn't help etc, But its one of the only legal mods I can still do in the FFW Street Stang class. And I'm trying to get every little bit of power I can. So, since Summit was runng the 10% off deal. I ordered a FRPP 70mm TB from them for $166.

I went to Reynolds, ga (Silver Dollar Raceway) on June 26th. I made a couple base line passes with the stock tb still on. trap'd above 102 on those 2 passes. Put the FRPP 70mm tb on and made 3 passes. The best mph outta the 3 runs was a 101.99. It was now 15 mins till staging lines closed. So with no cool down time (took all of 5 mins to swap to the stock TB). I made another pass, and clicked off 102.24.

So, bottom line. The 70mm did hurt the power a little bit. The biggest indication it was hurtin power was the 1/8 to 1/4 mile mph increase. The car pulled a better 1/8 to 1/4 mph with the stock vs the 70mm.

I also don't like how the FRPP 70mm is a stock TB just bored out at the butterfly to a 70mm. The inlet is 70mm, but it starts necking down to ~67mm just like a stock tb does. Then where on a stock TB it hits a lip to 65mm, this one is bored out to 70mm. They should of bored the whole thing out to 70mm imho.

Here are pictures of the FRPP 70mm tb:
http://www.blownstangs.com/misc/frpptb/

·
Registered
90 Posts
it would help a car with a blower wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure the only time tbs rob power is on na cars.

correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LodBot said:
it would help a car with a blower wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure the only time tbs rob power is on na cars.

correct me if I'm wrong
More then likely, that is correct. That it only hurts n/a cars. PA cars will more then likley pick up power with it.

Tony

·
Registered
126 Posts
i wonder if my frpp tb is hurting my performance.check my sig.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kozumasbullitt said:
i wonder if my frpp tb is hurting my performance.check my sig.
I'd say, n/a yes. On the nitrous no. Since the nitrous is supplyin oxygen.

Tony

·
Registered
126 Posts
that sucks 175 wasted

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have a MAC 70mm TB, I havent been able to tell either way.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
twokingsracer said:
I have a MAC 70mm TB, I havent been able to tell either way.
When I have some extra cash and time at the track. I'm thinkin about getting a different brand TB and trying it out. I think the FRPP is just a pos.

Tony

·
Registered
171 Posts
I didn't think that the TB would help any on a stock or near stock car. On a heavily modded car I can see it helping. I was wondering what it would do for our cars though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts