Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just curious if there is any way i can buy the my color dash with info buttons if i already have the car? Im somewhat annoyed that my car doesnt have it because it seems to have a decent amount of options: Leather, power driver seat, exterior upgrade, polished pedals(are they stock?),etc., but i dont have the info or dash. Is there any way to get it?

Also, how many people DONT have this? it seems all the pics and videos i see the people have it all, but i dont. it just annoys me sometimes.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Is your car the premium Coupe? That's where we started. But "My Color" is part of the Interior Upgrade package, available on either the GT Premium Coupe or the regular GT.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont believe it is the premium. i dont have the aluminum dash thing, but i do have the leather wrapped wheel and all.

how can i easily find out if it is a premium? i dont think it is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, the main point is i do not have the dash/info, but maybe would like to in the future if possible. any way i can get it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
From what I understand all premium GTs have leather interior, while the deluxes have cloth. My deluxe has the upgraded interior package and the Mycolor dash

·
Registered
526 Posts
My V6 had whats called the Sport Appearance Package or Sport Interior Package??? It had cloth with a power driverseat, leather wheel, dash with the chrome vent rings and Shaker500 but didn't have the MyColor option or T/C. I pretty sure that car was a Deluxe model also.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I swapped mine over to the mycolor a couple of years ago. What you first have to do is pop the plug out where the info switches would be and check for the existance of the wiring harness plug that will be needed to connect the switches. If it's there, it should be plugged right in the back side of the dummy plug you just popped out. If it's not, then your wiring harness is not set up for it so forget it or replace the under dash portion of the vehicle's wiring harness. You'll also have to contact a dealer and order a new gauge cluster which will be programmed to your odometer mileage before it's shipped. Of course the mileage won't be exact after that because you'll probably be driving the car before it shows up. They will need your old one for a core.

Once you get the new cluster, it takes 5 minutes to swap.....pop the bezel off, remove 4 screws and remove cluster while unhooking wire plugs from the rear of cluster. NOTE: before the cluster can be removed a Ford tech has to use his computer to remove stored information from your original cluster (takes a few seconds), then you install the other cluster and he'll install the information in the new cluster. I had 7 second Don Burton hook me up at the Ford dealer he works at.

·
Registered
582 Posts
It is accessed from the info buttons....so you would need a lot of changes.
Wrong, like Anthony said, you just need the switch panel ($50 bucks) and the gauge of your choice (GT500 or the regular GT one). If you dont' have the harness behind the dummy gauges you're out of luck, though. Simple fix, I plan on doing mine this summer but with GT500 gauges instead of the GT gauges.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I swapped mine over to the mycolor a couple of years ago. What you first have to do is pop the plug out where the info switches would be and check for the existance of the wiring harness plug that will be needed to connect the switches. If it's there, it should be plugged right in the back side of the dummy plug you just popped out. If it's not, then your wiring harness is not set up for it so forget it or replace the under dash portion of the vehicle's wiring harness. You'll also have to contact a dealer and order a new gauge cluster which will be programmed to your odometer mileage before it's shipped. Of course the mileage won't be exact after that because you'll probably be driving the car before it shows up. They will need your old one for a core.

Once you get the new cluster, it takes 5 minutes to swap.....pop the bezel off, remove 4 screws and remove cluster while unhooking wire plugs from the rear of cluster. NOTE: before the cluster can be removed a Ford tech has to use his computer to remove stored information from your original cluster (takes a few seconds), then you install the other cluster and he'll install the information in the new cluster. I had 7 second Don Burton hook me up at the Ford dealer he works at.
would you mind PMing the price of all that is needed? thank god mine has the wire harness already behind the dummy buttons.

i figured out i seem to have the sports appearance package as someone earlier stated. i also seem to have most options, but that one is missing. i have the leather interior,wheel, aluminum pedals, shaker 500, exterior upgrade package,etc, just not the info dash.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
would you mind PMing the price of all that is needed? thank god mine has the wire harness already behind the dummy buttons.

i figured out i seem to have the sports appearance package as someone earlier stated. i also seem to have most options, but that one is missing. i have the leather interior,wheel, aluminum pedals, shaker 500, exterior upgrade package,etc, just not the info dash.
Contact one of the forum vendors for example tousley ford. Ask to speak with kevin and tell him you want the controls of the my color gaugues. Then ask for a gt500 cluster and thats it.

Andrew

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea...its going to be the gt500 gauges when i do it. hopefully in the next month or so. idk why its just kind of depressing not having the option and looking at fake buttons:search:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Contact one of the forum vendors for example tousley ford. Ask to speak with kevin and tell him you want the controls of the my color gaugues. Then ask for a gt500 cluster and thats it.

Andrew
im going to call tomorow, but can they get my mileage and everything programed? i also need to find out if my dealer will install the gauges(transfer all the info) if i already have them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought about doing this as well, found that this guy seems to be the 'cluster swap guy'

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=215005

Decided not to do it though, MyColor really doesn't seem like that big a deal and the extra gauges don't seem to be that precise (i.e. just 'L' to 'H' as opposed to specific values) The info center may be nice to have, however.

Curious as to what exactly the info center can display? Calculated MPG, Range, etc.?

Anything truly useful (like actual tire pressure or just warning if low?).

Here's a thread from a different place w/ people talking/doing the cluster swap:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?p=5548176

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
The gauges (2 extra) are kind of passive and I have the Mycolor set to the same green I had when the car didn't have it. The info center scans some of the car's systems like charging, fuel level, fuel cap, cooling system, doors closed, trunk closed and some other crap. You also can check fuel mileage, distance to empty and a few other things.

Goonmx, I bought a cluster from a guy that stripped it out while he was building a race car. I've heard they are like $300-$400 and the switch assy is close to $50. I paid like $38 with fleet pricing.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello I am also have the same issue I took off the dummy plate and I do have the herness
Do I still have to up date the cluster? I don’t want to upgrade to the GT 500 one I just like tj stay with the retro one

·
Administrator
Termi Powered 427 Cobra, & M850
9,524 Posts
You do know the last post in this thread before yours was 13 years ago, right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts