Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning:

I am adding a NOS N20 setup on my relatively stock GT, and am curious what y'all think should be the MAX I try to get out of it (I was thinking 150 since I am also upgrading the fuel pump at the same time).

What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
227 Posts
well i was running a compucar wet kit jetted for a 125 shot. i normally sprayed it on the weekend, emptying the bottle. this lasted for about six months till one day my car was 3 quarts low and a couple of spark plugs were covered in oil. this was also evidenced by the resounding miss.
like i said i only really sprayed it on the weekend, occasionally during the week. ive seen where people have had a 150 shot and had no problems, i just dont think its too good of an idea.
oh yeah, i had also upgraded to a 255 lph pump.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Black, the shop is also recommending I go to 24lb injectors, so hopefully this will eliminate that problem. Thanks bud...

·
Registered
227 Posts
well if youre goin to a wet kit you dont need bigger injectors (the extra fuel is supplied via solenoid). i dont know how your driveablity will be affected with the larger injectors. are you goin with a dry kit? thats the only reason i can think of that they would recommend bigger injectors

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going with a dry kit, because the reason they gave me it is more safe. whether that is true or not is my ignorance. I know that when I go s/c in a few months, I will be switching to wet for the necessity of a built short block anyway. That is, unless I am informed otherwise....Any comments are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts