Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's ur stock times and after tune times?? Also ur tuner and mods now.. I'm asking cause I have a 2012 that went [email protected] with a 12mph head wind..then tune only went 12.50 @113-114 all on stock 18 all seasons.. I may need to try another tune ..60' stock 2.0-1.98 tuned 1.95-1.89. Thinking it should be good bit quicker

· Registered
309 Posts
Check with Omcar, Uncle Phill and GeorgeinNePa, since I believe that they have the fastest tune only cars in the forum. If there are others that I missed, sorry! I think the main difference between all of the good tuners are the shift points.

· Registered
372 Posts
So.... you are complaining about picking up .5 and 4mph with just a tune?!?!?! Most of the fastest auto cars on here(i.e. high 11s low low 12s with just a tune) are running in crazy negative DA up north and have gone low-mid 12s stock. If you aren't running in the same conditions, you cant really compare.

· Registered
111 Posts
That's not a bad time! If you get on drag radials/slicks and get a low 1.7x/high 1.6x 60' time, you'd be pretty low 12s. Where are you located?

· Registered
309 Posts
So.... you are complaining about picking up .5 and 4mph with just a tune?!?!?! Most of the fastest auto cars on here(i.e. high 11s low low 12s with just a tune) are running in crazy negative DA up north and have gone low-mid 12s stock. If you aren't running in the same conditions, you cant really compare.
That's so true! I didn't think about that and it makes a huge difference being in ideal weather conditions.

· Registered
764 Posts
Your car is running ok but you need some refinements. M/T drag radials 265/40-18 will help your 60'. Hopefully you have a 93 octane aggressive tune from Jon Lund or Evolution. Keep track of your times along with weather, ie. temp, barometer, humidity and altitude. This log will allow you to trend how you are doing and when. You will also record, tire pressure and launch rpm.
I have a base car so that weight difference might be an advantage.
Oh..my stock time was decreased by 3-4 tenths with the tune.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in south LA.. Was 50* out and same temp as my tune only 2011mt82 car that did 12.0 @118 from same tuner and stock tires.
Stock for stock times and mph were same.. Picked up a second with the tune on manual car...

· Registered
1,108 Posts
Your car is running ok but you need some refinements. M/T drag radials 265/40-18 will help your 60'. Hopefully you have a 93 octane aggressive tune from Jon Lund or Evolution. Keep track of your times along with weather, ie. temp, barometer, humidity and altitude. This log will allow you to trend how you are doing and when. You will also record, tire pressure and launch rpm.
I have a base car so that weight difference might be an advantage.
Oh..my stock time was decreased by 3-4 tenths with the tune.
+1

The drag radials made the most difference for me on the 1-2 shift. The 60' time changed only one or two hundredths.

· Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm in south LA.. Was 50* out and same temp as my tune only 2011mt82 car that did 12.0 @118 from same tuner and stock tires.
Stock for stock times and mph were same.. Picked up a second with the tune on manual car...
You can launch a stick car harder than a stock converter auto.

Also, the shift points on an auto tune are generally lower than optimal. You have to tell your tuner to turn the wick up a bit.

I had the shifts set to 7100 when I was tune only.

Now with the BOSS intake, it shifts 7300-7350ish. That's still lower than some of the quicker stick guys...

· Registered
340 Posts
My best stock was 12.80 @ 111, the DA was approx +1200'. Boss Inatke, O/R X, CAI, tune, DRs 275/40/17 was a best of 12.11 @ 115 DA was +400. The best you can expect with the stock TC is a high 1.7 low 1.8. I am saving up for my TC.

· Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm leaving off idle cause it was slower foot braking it.. And anything over 11-1200 would spin
Are you using the OEM Pirellis?

If you are, heat them up.

Omcar, uncle phil, Pure Stock, and I (and others that I am forgetting) have been able to get well into the 1.80s, in the 60', with them.

ETA:
1.88-1.89 sixty, leaving at 1700-1800RPM...

They need heat:

· Registered
188 Posts
Those are the 19" summer tires though, right? The 18"s, which he has, are an all season compound and from my experience, they remain rock hard like Barbie Jeep plastic tires no matter what.

Are you using the OEM Pirellis?

If you are, heat them up.

Omcar, uncle phil, Pure Stock, and I (and others that I am forgetting) have been able to get well into the 1.80s, in the 60', with them.

ETA:
1.88-1.89 sixty, leaving at 1700-1800RPM...

They need heat:

· Registered
1,108 Posts
Those are the 19" summer tires though, right? The 18"s, which he has, are an all season compound and from my experience, they remain rock hard like Barbie Jeep plastic tires no matter what.
19" all season Pirelli P Zero Nero.

245/45/19

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.