Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my lower intake manifold from Naz (Nazty Performance)----looks great. I installed it along with the new intercooler from Griffin Radiators/Amazon Tuning.

My first impressions:

Intake looks great---especially for the price. The ports are identical and the coating looks great.

The intercooler looks a little shorter than the stock core, but is supposed to perform slightly better (Especially on recovery time). I'm wondering if the extra volume available in the lower manifold will help-----along with the smoothed/epoxied floor of the Naz lower.

I'll have some initial results very soon. The car is running, but I need to tie up some loose ends before hitting the dyno/track. I have changed the inlet to a HPP modified, full 3" exhaust (2.5" catback before), Lupo C4 w/ dynamic converter & aluminum driveshaft (4r70w & c/m d/s last year), Naz ported lower, and Griffin Intercooler----since my first/only track outing with the car (9.8x on radials w/ 3.5" upper).

My current tune also has 3 degrees more timing, and I have taken about 150-200lbs out of the car (Still has all accessories) since then. I will be running 28x10 slicks this time----as opposed to the 275 Drag radials.

Hoping for some mid-low 9's when it's all figured out.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought your car was listed as being sold on another board.
Long Story....The buyer backed out, and then I had 700 miles to think about it on the way home.

I wouldn't mind building another 99-up, but I definitely need something turn key by April or so. If that deal had gone through----I had everything in place to get it done.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
simply awesome travis! cant wait to see your beast run -you have to bring it down to bowling green this year. my crusher inlet is back from getting chrome plated so the supercharger is going back on this weekend and my dynamic converter will be here next week

·
Registered
618 Posts
I received my lower intake manifold from Naz (Nazty Performance)----looks great. I installed it along with the new intercooler from Griffin Radiators/Amazon Tuning.

My first impressions:

Intake looks great---especially for the price. The ports are identical and the coating looks great.

The intercooler looks a little shorter than the stock core, but is supposed to perform slightly better (Especially on recovery time). I'm wondering if the extra volume available in the lower manifold will help-----along with the smoothed/epoxied floor of the Naz lower.

I'll have some initial results very soon. The car is running, but I need to tie up some loose ends before hitting the dyno/track. I have changed the inlet to a HPP modified, full 3" exhaust (2.5" catback before), Lupo C4 w/ dynamic converter & aluminum driveshaft (4r70w & c/m d/s last year), Naz ported lower, and Griffin Intercooler----since my first/only track outing with the car (9.8x on radials w/ 3.5" upper).

My current tune also has 3 degrees more timing, and I have taken about 150-200lbs out of the car (Still has all accessories) since then. I will be running 28x10 slicks this time----as opposed to the 275 Drag radials.

Hoping for some mid-low 9's when it's all figured out.
Travis,

Glad we were able to help you out with your performance needs!

Yes, we put quite of bit of time into the Terminator lower intake!

As you seen, the injector bosses are fully blended, blower to intake bolt bosses fully radiused and re-shaped, runner entraces fully reshaped, expanded and radiused.

You may noticed a few areas of interest that were addressed as well as the floor of the plenum! Not a flap wheel job for sure! lol!

That new IC should be able to grealty complement the ported intake with the extra plenum volume and the 3" exahust will free up a few ponies as well!

Cant wait to see her run! Shoud be a few .10ths quicker!

Naz

·
Registered
308 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the two items end up costing you after shipping etc? How will the lower intake affect performance (temperatures, boost, hp/tq?)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the two items end up costing you after shipping etc? How will the lower intake affect performance (temperatures, boost, hp/tq?)
I got in on the pre-sale for the intercooler----$575 from Amazon Tuning. Naz' pricing is listed on his site.

I expect some decent gains from the intake, ic, and exhaust together----maybe 30-35hp total.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
simply awesome travis! cant wait to see your beast run -you have to bring it down to bowling green this year. my crusher inlet is back from getting chrome plated so the supercharger is going back on this weekend and my dynamic converter will be here next week
I'm trying to schedule in an NMRA event.

The Crusher is the next on my list for sure----unless they hurry with that 4.0L:shok:.

·
Registered
308 Posts
For a ported car, would these upgrades be worth it? Being a college student, I really don't have the cash to buy a T/S unfortunately. Also, I really like my setup (129 trap, no spray). Is this lower intake for high boost applications only? Or will i see benefits running 14#s? For 385 dollars i'm willing to give it a try!

·
Registered
618 Posts
For a ported car, would these upgrades be worth it? Being a college student, I really don't have the cash to buy a T/S unfortunately. Also, I really like my setup (129 trap, no spray). Is this lower intake for high boost applications only? Or will i see benefits running 14#s? For 385 dollars i'm willing to give it a try!
Not necesary for a high-boost application only!

We have seen gains of 19RWHP/16RWTQ on a STOCK Eaton/Pulley combo and 10+ deg F on AIT2 temps drop with just the addtion of a "Nazty" Ported Lower Intake!

Shoot me a PM or email me at:

[email protected]

For details!

Naz

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
This is next on my list of things to do. I am pulling the blower this weekend and I will get this shipped out.

How should this be packaged so it doesn't get damaged in transit?

I figure while the blower is off I might as well give it a whirl, can't hurt performance!! Between this and he Behemoth intake the 2.8 should be a screamer now at 27psi with some C16!

·
Registered
618 Posts
This is next on my list of things to do. I am pulling the blower this weekend and I will get this shipped out.

How should this be packaged so it doesn't get damaged in transit?

I figure while the blower is off I might as well give it a whirl, can't hurt performance!! Between this and he Behemoth intake the 2.8 should be a screamer now at 27psi with some C16!
NP! Sound like a beyond sick set-up!!!!

Just put it on a 18X12X12 box, wrapped with an abundant amount of bubble wrap and good to go!

Follow the link on the site for shipping and payment info!

Naz

1 - 20 of 33 Posts