Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering...I am going to the dyno and would like to see what this baby will do. I still have the stock lower, and refuse to put something on there that doesn't have a crank support.

I have the Reichard Manual tensioner, and would use a Reichard non-slip pulley.

I need it to not slip for a few pulls. Trying to get some high boost data for the tuner.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
you should try it! did you notice any boost loss after getting the rear inlet modified?

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
you need to try my crusher inlet and get these boys some numbers:tip:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yea, where's your sense of adventure? Haha!

Sorry for the hijack.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
Yea, where's your sense of adventure? Haha!

Sorry for the hijack.
my sense of adventure is running 26-28 pds of boost on a stock motor with cams!! LOL i dont even know what a 2.75 upper and 6lb lower with a gen 2 3.4 would be-im running a stock lower and 3.5 upper and see a hit of 28pds and steady 26 throughout-it would probably be 32-35 pds of boost :blowup:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you need to try my crusher inlet and get these boys some numbers:tip:
Is that an offer?

calll it a day for the motor-that would be over 30lbs of boost LOL
The motor would take it--I doubt the blower/headgaskets would like it too much. I'm planning on figuring something out with the crank support---so I can run a larger lower pulley. The 3.0 pulley will probably slip, but is close to the pulley ratio I'd like to run.

you should try it! did you notice any boost loss after getting the rear inlet modified?
No----I don't think it works that way. If you increase VE after the rotors you will see boost loss (ported heads/big headers/stroker etc.). If the restriction was great enough before the blower, I would think you would see an increase in boost.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
yes that is an offer! my car is still several weeks away and jared is dying for some numbers so what the hell why not

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
Is that an offer?

The motor would take it--I doubt the blower/headgaskets would like it too much. I'm planning on figuring something out with the crank support---so I can run a larger lower pulley. The 3.0 pulley will probably slip, but is close to the pulley ratio I'd like to run.

No----I don't think it works that way. If you increase VE after the rotors you will see boost loss (ported heads/big headers/stroker etc.). If the restriction was great enough before the blower, I would think you would see an increase in boost.
so if im hitting 26pds of boost, putting the crusher inlet on will increase my boost numbers? time to repulley it if thats true and i need to go pick up my teksid block from dynospeed to get a built sb going together asap

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
listen seriously i ran 25lbs off boost on my stock motor with a 2.3l whipple a 3.4l is suppose to be more efficient, i mean come on this is a once in a life time chance! if i didnt have my procharger and all i would have atleast tried to run 2.75 upper and 6lb lower! hell i have 30psi pulley for my procharger! WHERES YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE!!!?!?!?!??!? lol =)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
listen seriously i ran 25lbs off boost on my stock motor with a 2.3l whipple a 3.4l is suppose to be more efficient, i mean come on this is a once in a life time chance! if i didnt have my procharger and all i would have atleast tried to run 2.75 upper and 6lb lower! hell i have 30psi pulley for my procharger! WHERES YOUR SENSE OF ADVENTURE!!!?!?!?!??!? lol =)
I think I'll stick to the 3.0 and stock lower. My sense of adventure will be satisfied when I spray it on the 25lb pulley.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I think I'll stick to the 3.0 and stock lower. My sense of adventure will be satisfied when I spray it on the 25lb pulley.
Here here.

When my stock motor gives up and I build what I want that is the plan. 100-200hp shot progressive and lets go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.