Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of building a Teksid. Should be close to 700hp and done within the next 4 weeks. I have the head cooling mod and a 180 T-stat. Other than that everything else is stock. I was making 590hp before with the stock long block and didn't have a problem holding temp. I was considering changing the water pump since the stock one has around 39k on it. Also replacing the stock expansion tank found some sludge built up in it and the steel inserts were starting to push out of the nipples. Looking for any advise/experiance with reguards to our cooling systems.

Thanks
Dan

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Have you read the "Keeping your cool" thread by ShadowGray yet? There's a link to it in the Table of Contents sticky.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have read it and was planning on going with an Evans pump. I read in here by another member that if I upgrade the pump it will flow too much and the stock oil cooler will cause a restriction causing the pump to cavitate at high RPM. I do not want to go through the hassel of removing it and adding external oil cooler and remote oil filter adaptor if I don't need to. Do you know if there is any thruth to this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts