Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2003 Cobra last week. Only drove about 1100 miles and noticed that in a mountain drive, with lots of hard acceleration and hard braking the temperature was as high as 70 or 80% of the scale with the Ac on. Anyone has tried a lower opening thermostat? How much lower that the factory set up? How high is the factory set up?
I also notice that the shifting is not exactly silky( My last car was a Porsche, I may be comparing very different transmissions so please bare with me) Since I'm planning to use this car in a track often I wonder if anyone has tried a different oil in the transmission other than the factory recommended.
Any recomendations about engine oil? I was thinking of switching to MOBIL 1 since I got very good results using it in prior cars that where driven very hard all the time.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Hugo

·
400 Posts
You should have a 180 deg stat from the factory. A 170 be be good too. If you change it make sure you burp the cooling system properly. If not you will have over heating problems. I the chip I turn the fans on 15 degs sooner. These things will help keep your snake cool.

Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts