Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003gt with a vortech s/c. Lately I've been having starting issues. Intermittent when I start the car it will shut right off and back fire through the exhaust. NO codes were pulled when I did a scan. Im leaning towards a possible loose ground. Need a lil advise. Thanks for any diag. suggestions.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well, first off, has anything been done to the car? Any changes of any sort? Have you check the coils to make sure they're all plugged in and ground wire still attached?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
sounds like it may be dumping fuel into the exhaust. or maybe the cps is going bad. How long as it done it? Did it start after a mod or tune change?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've had the s/c for about 20,000 miles. The only repairs I did to the vehicle was replace the T-stat to a 160 and the spark pluggs as well . I didn't notice anything weird after either repair and that was over 5,000 miles ago. I can smell raw fuel out the exhast once the car starts. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to vehicle repair. The car has been doing it for about 2 weeks and it's seems to be getting worse.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, first off, has anything been done to the car? Any changes of any sort? Have you check the coils to make sure they're all plugged in and ground wire still attached?
All the coils are plugged in correctly. Does each bank have it's own ground??

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Joe.....While I take the plugs off ..... Can it be a MAF failure as well?? yesterday it had an abrubt cut off at random rpm's and my friend suggested it might be the MAF for some weird reason. Still no codes came up.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yeah, the maf can cause all kinds of weird issues. If you gets oiled your filter you could have covered the sensor in oil and it will read weird. You can unplug the maf and see if it starts better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, the maf can cause all kinds of weird issues. If you gets oiled your filter you could have covered the sensor in oil and it will read weird. You can unplug the maf and see if it starts better.
I checked my plugs and COP's and found nothing unusual. I swapped out my MAF with a buddy's car and the problem hasn't occured after about 10 cold starts. I think we nailed it. I'll keep everyong updated. Thanx for the help.

·
Registered
155 Posts
check the wiring around you battery around the negative there are some wires that connected to the ground ,, may be you lost connection around there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts