Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an exhaust leak on the passenger side where the header connects to the x-pipe. I got JBA shorty headers and a Bassani Cated X-pipe. What gasket can i use for it? I am trying to avoid calling JBA just for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never mind, stock gasket fits. problem solved.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check your motor mounts. Last time I had that exhaust leak, it was caused by a broken motor mount on the passenger side.

Now I have Prothane motor mounts. A little vibration, but no motor mount worries.
thanks mark. I have a feeling that my motor mounts are bad, and i didnt know think that they might cause that. what would be an indicator of a bad motor mount? sometimes when i get on it the car shakes and bucks uncontrollably untill i completely get out of it. I think that might be a pretty good indicator that my motor mounts have been stress tested.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a high res picture of the broken motor mount. If you click on the picture to zoom in, and look at the lower left part of the picture, you can see the broken rubber:
http://www.classictiger.com/mustang/GT500ClutchInstall/PassengerSideBrokenMount26.JPG
Thanks a bunch for the pic Mark. I definitely see what u are talking about. I will check mine out tomorrow, and will probably throw in a set anyways. I was thinking about the Prothane ones too, You said urs work pretty good?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
The Prothane mounts are pretty darned solid. I am not worried at all about them breaking.

When I first put them in, I had some noticeable vibration as I decelerated, starting at about 1500 RPM going down to 1200 where it sits until I come to a stop and it drops to 850. At 850 I don't notice any vibration when the car is warm.

When the car is cold, if I let it idle until it goes into closed loop, I notice a rattle in the passenger door until it goes into closed loop and the idle smooths out and the vibration seems to go away. It could be that I am used to the vibration now and just don't notice it.

But if I wanted a luxury car, I'd have a stock Mercedes. :)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Prothane mounts are pretty darned solid. I am not worried at all about them breaking.

When I first put them in, I had some noticeable vibration as I decelerated, starting at about 1500 RPM going down to 1200 where it sits until I come to a stop and it drops to 850. At 850 I don't notice any vibration when the car is warm.

When the car is cold, if I let it idle until it goes into closed loop, I notice a rattle in the passenger door until it goes into closed loop and the idle smooths out and the vibration seems to go away. It could be that I am used to the vibration now and just don't notice it.

But if I wanted a luxury car, I'd have a stock Mercedes. :)
I would go with a Lincoln, but that's just me. lol

I am looking at ether Prothane or Energy suspension ones. I think i will go with the prothane, they are a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We put Energy Suspension bushings throughout my son's CRX, and they worked great, too. I think you would be happy with either, so if Prothane is cheaper, there you go.
Ordered set of Prothanes this morning, should be here on Friday. What would you say is the easiest way to get them in?

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
I broke my finger when I broke a Craftsman wrench trying to get the driveshaft out when I put the Shelby GT 500 twin disk clutch setup in. As a result, I took the car to a local shop to get the clutch and flywheel replaced, so I just had them do it while it was up in the air.

I believe all you have to do is support the engine, but reaching some of the bolts can be a challenge. Others will probably have better advice.

That finger still hurts when it gets cold outside...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I broke my finger when I broke a Craftsman wrench trying to get the driveshaft out when I put the Shelby GT 500 twin disk clutch setup in. As a result, I took the car to a local shop to get the clutch and flywheel replaced, so I just had them do it while it was up in the air.

I believe all you have to do is support the engine, but reaching some of the bolts can be a challenge. Others will probably have better advice.

That finger still hurts when it gets cold outside...
lol sorry about the finger.

so this is weird. the exhaust leak is fixed. slaped a gasket in the pass side header flange. but the cruise control is fixed too somehow. i didnt think exhaust had anything to do with the cruise controll, but it fixed it somehow. weird

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.